Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Charged twice for HD and DVR

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   F1aReD

F1aReD

AllStar

• Registered
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:33 AM

I just got my statement online. Even though I have $50 in bill credits, I'm still paying $100 for 2 HD-Tvs, Whole home DVR, and Choice.  I understand this might be better or less than some of you pay.

Looking at my bill, it says "Advanced Receiver-HD Monthly $10" and "Advanced Receiver-DVR Monthly $10" (twice)...Is this normal? I only have ONE HD-DVR (HR-24, and an H-25)

It seems like it indicates I have 2 "advanced" receivers, a DVR and an HD, unless they consider the H-25 "advanced"

Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   cforrest

cforrest

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 812 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:40 AM

Advanced Receiver-HD Monthly $10= HD Access Fee which is $10

Advanced Receiver-DVR Monthly $10= DVR Fee with WHDVR on it ($7+$3)

If you are seeing the above charges twice something is wrong unless they are for different periods on the same bill, which would be odd in itself as well.

D* Setup:

Slimline (AU9-S) w/no multiswitch
(1) HR21-100 0x87F (7/8/08 Made in Mexico) via HDMI to Pioneer PDP-6020FD
(1) HR24-100 0x87F (11/9/10 Made in Thailand) via HDMI to Panasonic TC-P58S2

FIOS 150/150

#3 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,671 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:40 AM

You should only be seeing the HD and DVR fee once each, they are per account. It wouldn't matter even if you had 12 DVRs. Each box after the first one has an additional TV fee. You do have two advanced receivers, but that doesn't matter.

#4 OFFLINE   DirecTV 

DirecTV 

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:42 AM

This is the way DirecTV does it.
One charge for HD, if you have at least one HD unit.
One charge for DVR, if you have at least one DVR.
DirecTV does provide a credit for the HD charge if you opt-in for ACH.

N ▬  I do not / have not ever worked for DirecTV or DishNetwork

#5 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,361 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:04 AM

Advanced Receiver-HD Monthly $10= HD Access Fee which is $10

If you are seeing the above charges twice something is wrong unless they are for different periods on the same bill, which would be odd in itself as well.

My bill shows $10 for HD and $10 for advanced DVR. I do not have Whole Home and there is no listing for it on my bill.

If you are correct, I am paying for whole home and not getting it. My screen says "Not Authorized" when I check the status of Whole Home.

This is from the DirecTV Help Website:

Is there a fee for DVR and HD Services?

Yes. There is an $10 monthly Advanced Receiver Service-DVR fee for DVR service and a $10.00 monthly Advanced Receiver Service-HD fee for HD service. These services cover the entire house, no matter how many receivers you have.

Edited by jimmie57, 11 October 2013 - 10:09 AM.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#6 OFFLINE   F1aReD

F1aReD

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:47 AM

Ok, it sounds normal to me then. I only have those two charges on my bill, one for HD and one for DVR.

There wording sounds a little funny to me. It looks like there charging me for two separate receivers, one an HD only receiver and one a DVR only receiver...When in fact there just charging me for "HD service" by itself and "DVR service" by itself.

#7 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,361 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:30 AM

Correct.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#8 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,564 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

Okay, then why am I seeing this on my bill?

10/01  10/31  Advanced Receiver-HD Monthly    10.00   trans.gif

10/01  10/31  Advanced Receiver-DVR Monthly    10.00   trans.gif

10/01  10/31  DIRECTV Whole-Home DVR Service Monthly    3.00

A reply above mentioned that the DVR fee is $7 + $3.

I'm guessing that was for new subscribers.

Edited by jdspencer, 11 October 2013 - 02:40 PM.

DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#9 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,280 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:01 PM

MRV is not part of the $10 DVR fee. If you get the items broken out like this and have MRV, there will be a separate item for MRV.

If you are a recent subscriber, you'll see one line item for advance receiver fee that is $25 and includes HD, DVR and MRV.

#10 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:22 AM

Okay, then why am I seeing this on my bill?

10/01  10/31  Advanced Receiver-HD Monthly    10.00   trans.gif

10/01  10/31  Advanced Receiver-DVR Monthly    10.00   trans.gif

10/01  10/31  DIRECTV Whole-Home DVR Service Monthly    3.00

A reply above mentioned that the DVR fee is $7 + $3.

I'm guessing that was for new subscribers.

That poster was confused.  The DVR fee used to be $7/month, then I think it went up to $8/month, and now it went up to $10/month.  Whole Home DVR has always been seperate and has always been $3/month.

However, new accounts are now charged just one fee of $25/month that covers all three, luckily us old subcribers are saving $2/month.  At least for now, I wouldn't be suprised if come this February when we get the yearly fee increases we don't see the Whole Home DVR fee go up to $5/month, or they force everyone over to the $25/month fee.

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#11 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,413 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:39 AM

That poster was confused.  The DVR fee used to be $7/month, then I think it went up to $8/month, and now it went up to $10/month.  Whole Home DVR has always been seperate and has always been $3/month.

However, new accounts are now charged just one fee of $25/month that covers all three, luckily us old subcribers are saving $2/month.  At least for now, I wouldn't be suprised if come this February when we get the yearly fee increases we don't see the Whole Home DVR fee go up to $5/month, or they force everyone over to the $25/month fee.

Everytime I see one of your posts I want a beer.  As I read your posts, all I can think about is a cold brew.  Just out of curiosity, what beer do you favor?

Rich

#12 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:48 PM

Everytime I see one of your posts I want a beer.  As I read your posts, all I can think about is a cold brew.  Just out of curiosity, what beer do you favor?

Rich

I'm a simple guy, a good cold Coors Banquet beer or a Budweiser is good enough for me.  I don't need any fancy expensive microbrews.

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#13 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,413 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:06 PM

I'm a simple guy, a good cold Coors Banquet beer or a Budweiser is good enough for me.  I don't need any fancy expensive microbrews.

Huh.  Last beer I had was a Coors Gold.  Used to drink Bass Ale, but my wife found out how much a case of that cost and made me stop.  I liked Coors Gold as much.  Was recommended by a lush I knew.  Good choice.  Been over 15 years now...

Rich

#14 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

I'd love to try more of the Coors beers, but they are extremely hard to find around here in central Illinois.  Heck I have a hard enough time finding Coors Banquet (or Coors Original if you want to call it that).  Most stores and bars around here only carry Coors Light.

-by Jack Handy

#15 OFFLINE   longrider

longrider

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,067 posts
  • LocationElizabeth, CO

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:11 PM

Boy did this thread go off topic... :) :)

However, I am glad to see some people still have good taste in beer as in NO light beer!  The best description of light beer is Drinking light beer is like making love in a canoe. It's f******g close to water.

Rich, I can agree on the issue of prices, I was and still am a big fan of New Belgium's Fat Tire but when a case of Bud is only $3 or $4 more than a 12 pack of Fat Tire guess which wins

My Setup

#16 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,413 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:47 AM

Boy did this thread go off topic... :) :)

However, I am glad to see some people still have good taste in beer as in NO light beer!  The best description of light beer is Drinking light beer is like making love in a canoe. It's f******g close to water.

Rich, I can agree on the issue of prices, I was and still am a big fan of New Belgium's Fat Tire but when a case of Bud is only $3 or $4 more than a 12 pack of Fat Tire guess which wins

I did drink and enjoy Amstel Light beer.  Then it dawned on me what "light" meant.  Still, it was the only light beer I've ever tried that I liked.  

But you're right, this is really off topic.  I think I'll wander over the OT and start a Beer thread...

Rich

#17 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,413 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:52 AM

You'll find a thread titled Beer in the OT.  Better to take our opinions on this very interesting subject there.

Rich

spam firewall