Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

My Hd-dvr freezes when I push fast forwarding

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   vid53

vid53

Legend

• Registered
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

Does anyone else have this problem

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   gov

gov

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

I have noticed my HR21 will freeze the picture for a few seconds when I start FF, but if I just bear with it, the picture does start to update.  While the picture is frozen, the show is FF, I'm just not seeing it.

I think the HDD is going out (slowly) and I am not too worried as I really want an excuse to get a 44.

As for the OPs, I think we need some more detail: does it do it all the time, if he waits, does it come out of it, what model of DVR, etc.

#3 OFFLINE   vid53

vid53

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:44 PM

I have the HR24-200 and i just got off the phone with Directv and they are sending a new DVR out.  One thing i did notice was, if i watched shows recorded on this HD/DVR, it works fine.So it looks like any shows recorded on the Genie upstairs are freezing when i fast forward them. Anyone have any ideas?

#4 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 11,713 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:12 AM

First thing to try is resetting ALL of your DVRs and Receivers. 

HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#5 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,476 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:06 PM

First thing to try is resetting ALL of your DVRs and Receivers. 

Doesn't he have to reset the Genie first?  I don't have one and I'm curious.  I think I read something about having to reset them first.

Rich

#6 OFFLINE   vid53

vid53

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 128 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:32 PM

I have restarted everything.The client upstairs works fine.The Genie works fine.But the HD/DVR downstairs drives me nuts. Every time you hit the fast forward button to progress up to the speed number4 it freezes.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...