Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

3 months free premiums is almost up?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JohnBoy

JohnBoy

• Registered
  • 253 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:52 AM

I signed up in mid July and my package included free NFL ST and 3 months free premiums.

Does the free premiums automatically come off after the three months or do I need to call to cancel?

Could I cancel online?

As soon as I cancel it I plan to add the Xtra HD pack for 3 months free so I can see some movies,you guys have taught me well.

Mas Ultra Package + NFL ST MAX (Go Bills) MLB Xtra innings (Go Yankees)
1  Genie HR 44 - 700
3   Mini Genie C41 - 100
1 AM21 OTA Tuner

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,024 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:31 AM

You have to do it

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

#3 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,560 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:27 AM

You won't be able to cancel online.  You'll need to call DirecTV.

HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#4 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,727 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

And make a note on your calendar before the 2014 NFL season if you dont want Sunday Ticket. Once the season starts, you can't cancel.

#5 OFFLINE   ejbvt

ejbvt

AllStar

• Registered
  • 426 posts
  • LocationCentral NC

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:56 PM

When you call, ask if there are any other promos you can get. You might be able to keep one or two premiums for a little longer, or get a good discount. Can't hurt to ask. 

DIRECTV: Genie (HR34) w/AM21 and 1 client.
AT&T: U-Verse Internet, Motorola modem and Samsung Galaxy S3 cell.
LG 42" (1080p, 120 Hz, 3D, Smart TV), Samsung 32" (1080p, 60 Hz)
Denon AVR591, Panasonic Blu Ray, Magnavox DVD player, Philips VCR, Terk HDTVo.

#6 OFFLINE   inhd40

inhd40

Mentor

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

When you call to cancel make sure they cancel it right away.  Don't let them tell you they can cancel it at midnight on the day it expires.  I called two days prior and the CSR lied and told me he could do exactly that.  Of course it was still there and I had to pay for an extra day.  The CSR I got the second time was foreign and hard to understand and I tried explaining the situation to get the charge removed and he kept trying to tell me I wouldn't be charged and I finally gave up.

#7 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:02 AM

FYI you are able to change your base package, add or remove HD Extra Pack, add or remove Protection Plan, add [but not remove] sports subscriptions (ST, LP, CI etc) and add [but not remove] premium movies through your online account. International channels can also be added online but I'm not sure if you can remove those without calling.

Don't be surprised when you call to cancel that they do not try to get you to keep at least some of the premiums (possibly offering you one of the special offers listed here), because when you tell the automated system why your calling you will be sent to the Premium Save Team (PST).

List of networks with HD VOD content available on DIRECTV   DIRECTV Customer Service Live Online Chat (available from 8am-1am ET)   DIRECTV Regional Sports Network (RSN) fee lookup tool (zip code required)

DIRECTV Premium Channel Pricing: 1=$13.99 ($17.99 for HBO) | 2=$25 ($30 with HBO) | 3=$35 ($40 with HBO) | 4=$43 ($48 with HBO) | All 5=$55 per month 

My Setup: 5-LNB SlimLine with SWM-16 | HR44-700 w/AM-21N | HR24-200 | H25-100 | H25-100 | C41-500

#8 OFFLINE   JohnBoy

JohnBoy

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 253 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:48 AM

And make a note on your calendar before the 2014 NFL season if you dont want Sunday Ticket. Once the season starts, you can't cancel.

I'am a sports junkie,so I plan on keeping NFL ST and getting MLB Xtra innings in march too (What is the early bird special btw).

Don't be surprised when you call to cancel that they do not try to get you to keep at least some of the premiums (possibly offering you one of the special offers listed here), because when you tell the automated system why your calling you will be sent to the Premium Save Team (PST).

Geez! it sound like I need to hire a special attorney just to get my premiums taken off.

1  Genie HR 44 - 700
3   Mini Genie C41 - 100
1 AM21 OTA Tuner

#9 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,276 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:01 AM

DirecTV does not make difficult the removal of premiums, they just like to make you aware of the importance on keeping them... :righton:

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#10 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,727 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:54 AM

I'am a sports junkie,so I plan on keeping NFL ST and getting MLB Xtra innings in march too (What is the early bird special btw).

Geez! it sound like I need to hire a special attorney just to get my premiums taken off.

Based on your avatar, I figured, but just wanted to be sure :)

#11 OFFLINE   JohnBoy

JohnBoy

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 253 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:45 AM

DirecTV does not make difficult the removal of premiums, they just like to make you aware of the importance on keeping them... :righton:

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

Brown Noser :grin:

1  Genie HR 44 - 700
3   Mini Genie C41 - 100
1 AM21 OTA Tuner

spam firewall