Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Tried it but no go...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   seern

seern

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:54 AM

I decided to give Hulu Plus a try with their one week free. After just 2 evenings, I was getting fed up with the commercials they put into every TV show even if its BBC which does not even have commercials.

Sharon
HR24-100
HR34-700

All units in DECA cloud
H24-100 removed from service

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,497 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:32 AM

BBC in the UK doesn't, because of the TV license fee. BBC Worldwide is different.

#3 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,122 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:40 AM

I don't mind them because they're short, however, I do mind the repetitiveness of them. I was watching last season of Parenthood the other day, and I was so sick of the iPad vs Surface ad.

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#4 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,363 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:50 AM

I don't mind them because they're short, however, I do mind the repetitiveness of them. I was watching last season of Parenthood the other day, and I was so sick of the iPad vs Surface ad.

Glad this thread started.  I've been paying for it for...I dunno, but I never use it.  I just cancelled it.

Rich

#5 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,383 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:55 AM

I pay for the service for part of the year.  I like CW shows but our local CW station is on a low-power, bit-starved platform and totally unwatcheable even on an SD tv screen.

A side benefit is to get to see some other shows that I might not have known existed.  Some really good, some really bad.  Kind of like TV in general!  :)

Lloyd
Receiver : Dish Hopper w/Sling & Super Joey
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

Protected By... spam firewall...And...