Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

White Flash during viewing of remote recordings

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jtrain73

jtrain73

AllStar

• Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:15 PM

I searched for this but didn't see a similar symptom reported.

Whenever we watch a show recorded on the HR-24 in our living room on our HR-34 in our den, the recording plays reliably and fine, but there are often "white flashes" during playback.  It looks like a flash from a camera.  Sometimes it is more frequent than others, but it seems to happen during almost all playback.  

We do not see the same flashes when viewing recordings from the HR-34 on the HR-24.

Has anyone seen this before?  Any ideas on fixing?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,149 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:09 PM

Have you tried doing a menu reset?

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#3 OFFLINE   jtrain73

jtrain73

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:24 PM

Yes, I've reset both receivers and the behavior seems to happen consistently.

#4 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

Do you have the issue when watching local recordings or live tv on the HR34, or is it only the recordings streamed from the HR24?  If it is happening when you watch anything on the HR34 then I would recommend checking your HDMI cable to make sure it is properly connected, or maybe even trying a different cable (this assumes you are using HDMI instead of ocmponent).

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#5 OFFLINE   otaliema

otaliema

AllStar

• Registered
  • 171 posts
  • LocationMid-west USA

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:39 PM

the 34 only has hdmi sadly. 

If the problem is only on play back  reboot the HR24 with out the sat cable connected to the unit this will reboot the network card in the unit which should resolve the streaming issues the unit is having. 

If the units are working fine with live and local play back we know the HDMI cables and units them selfs are fine. 

I am a former DIRECTV employee however all statements opinions, views, expressions, etc, are entirely my own even if logic says otherwise.

They DO NOT reflect on DIRECTV and or any partner, affiliated company's, polices, processes, opinions, or things that are not listed here.

Set up. HR24-200, HR24-200, HR22-200, H23-600. Whole Home, BBCCK, SL3 SWiM.

I have found that working with computers is like working with a toddler, sometimes there is no reason for the melt down, just keep on moving forward.

spam firewall