Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

AM-21 questions...

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,024 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:50 PM

What happens when you record the sat version of the channel?

Have you tried resetting the over the air and rebooting the DVR then adding over the air back again?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   mroot

mroot

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:25 PM

I hooked it up to another DTV DVR, and it is doing the same thing!  It's hard to believe it could be a defective AM-21, but maybe it is. I have emailed the company that sold it to me. Maybe they will swap it out for another, as they really aren't that much.

M

#43 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,024 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:06 AM

Yeah you really need another person in your market to try this. Very strange.

#44 OFFLINE   JosephB

JosephB

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,129 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, AL

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:18 AM

What happens when you record the sat version of the channel?

Have you tried resetting the over the air and rebooting the DVR then adding over the air back again?

the satellite delivered version of the channel is going to be literally nothing like, at an MPEG level, as the over the air version. DirecTV's encoders would have cleaned up anything that might be breaking it.

Edited by JosephB, 29 October 2013 - 09:29 AM.

#45 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,968 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:49 AM

Like was said;

Tough to pin down without another in market sub. there with an AM21 to compare. 

DIRECTV sub. since Sep. of '95

#46 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,024 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:27 PM

the satellite delivered version of the channel is going to be literally nothing like, at an MPEG level, as the over the air version. DirecTV's encoders would have cleaned up anything that might be breaking it.

Doesn't hurt to test it.

#47 OFFLINE   mroot

mroot

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:08 PM

I heard from Solid Signal, the company that sold me the AM-21. They had this to say:

" That is referred to as an IKOD (instant keep-or-delete) and it means that nothing useful was recorded. Since it is happening on every receiver I doubt that it is the hard drive. More likely, DIRECTV’s frequency map for that channel is wrong.

If the customer tells us which market that is, I can bring it to the attention of the right people. If he really wants to be proactive in helping to solve the problem and his receiver is connected to the internet I can instruct him on how to send a report to DIRECTV’s engineering department that will help pinpoint things."

I replied that it was on the internet, and to let me know what I need to do.

Maybe making some progress!

#48 OFFLINE   JosephB

JosephB

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,129 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, AL

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:22 PM

I heard from Solid Signal, the company that sold me the AM-21. They had this to say:

" That is referred to as an IKOD (instant keep-or-delete) and it means that nothing useful was recorded. Since it is happening on every receiver I doubt that it is the hard drive. More likely, DIRECTV’s frequency map for that channel is wrong.

If the customer tells us which market that is, I can bring it to the attention of the right people. If he really wants to be proactive in helping to solve the problem and his receiver is connected to the internet I can instruct him on how to send a report to DIRECTV’s engineering department that will help pinpoint things."

I replied that it was on the internet, and to let me know what I need to do.

Maybe making some progress!

It's great that you found someone who has an inside line to DirecTV engineering and could possibly help. However, I don't know if they're barking up the right tree. Did you mention to them that you can watch live programming on that channel? If the tuner were trying to hit the wrong frequency, you wouldn't get any signal or be able to watch it live at all.

#49 OFFLINE   mroot

mroot

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:59 AM

Yes, that was my thought initially too, but not knowing exactly how everything ties together, I'm guessing they have a better idea of it. They do know that I can watch live programming just fine. At least they are familiar with the "IKOD" which I am experiencing.

I'm thinking of doing the antenna setup from scratch using a zip code from the Lincoln Nebraska area and see if that makes any difference.

spam firewall