Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

FETV

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,563 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:20 PM

I get a kick out of this channel when they're not running Bible-Babble.

Last evening they ran "It's a Joke, Son" featuring the radio character Senator Beauregard Claghorn who was the direct inspiration for Foghorn Leghorn in the Looney Toons and Merrie Melodies cartoons.

Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#22 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6,106 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:09 AM

Not all that bad for SD showing very old programming on film often, not converted to video, no. (EA)

I''m hearing ads all over the net.. I don't understand what's going on.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#23 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6,106 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:36 AM

FETV fixed!!!!

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

#24 OFFLINE   BobCulp

BobCulp

Mentor

• Registered
  • 43 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:27 AM

Here is FETV new schedule starting next week. Old shows that used to be on network primetime.

Eastern SHOW (monday-Friday)

12 noon Marcus Welby, M.D.

1 PM      The Avengers

2 PM       Magnum P.I.

3 PM       Charlie's Angels

4 PM       Make Room for Daddy (2 shows)

5 PM       Dick Van Dyke Show (2 shows)

6 PM       Roy Rogers (2 shows)

7 PM       Lone Ranger (2 shows)

8 PM       ( Mon ) McCloud

(Tue) Starsky & Hutch (2 shows)

(Wed) Six Million Dollar Man (2 shows)

Thu) Magnum P.I.

(Fri)   Movie (3 hours)

10 PM     (Mon) McLeod

(Tue) Knight Rider (1/2 hour & 90 minutes shows)

(Wed) Bionic Woman (2 shows)

(Thu)  Magnum P.I.

11 PM --- (Fri)    Run For Your Life 

Midnight   America Now

12:30 AM Lone Ranger

1 AM        Roy Rogers

1:30 AM   Lassie

6 AM         Highway to Heaven (2 shows)

EASTERN SHOW (SATURDAY)

NOON       Lone Ranger (2 shows)

1 PM         Roy Rogers (2 shows)

2  PM        Movie (90 minutes)

6 PM         Movie (2 hours)

8 PM         Maverick (4 shows)

Rest of schedule is religious programming. Not sure yet if Sunday schedule has changes.

Edited by BobCulp, 30 May 2014 - 10:26 AM.

#25 OFFLINE   nmetro

nmetro

Godfather

• Registered
  • 611 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:53 AM

I live 45 to 50 miles from the Denver transmission  site and about 15 miles from a smaller norther Colorado transmitter site.

I though I could not pick up any OTA because of terrain, distance, etc. But, The following seems to do a good job:

http://www.amazon.co...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (AmazonBasics ExtremePerformance UltraThin Amplified Indoor  HDTv Antenna).

The antenna's cable is about 17'. So, adding more cable, and this:

http://www.amazon.co...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (HD TV Amplifier/signal booster)

Helped with improving the signal. I get 46 main and subchannels, of which one is marginal.

And this helped as a tuner (if you DIsh receiver has an extra USB port) and is a Hopper/Hopper w/Swing:

http://www.amazon.co...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (DISH USB Tuner for Hopper)

The end result is that I get most of the Denver OTA subchannels, Including Antenna, MeTV, ThisTV, GetTV, Ion Home, Qubo., WeatherNation, Bounce, COZI. There are also a few Spanish, Religious and shopping subchannels. All of the subchannels are 480i.

There are a few local homegrown subchannels like Classic TV , Classic Western and 24/7 News Channels (Run by KGMH).

The Hopper/Joey combination, directs the OTA signal to all the Joey's. The down side, you only have one OTA Tuner. The plus side, you can record, with the Hopper, teh OTA signal. Though, most do not populate the programming guide.

The above combination of equipment. costs about $120 total. 

If am not sure if VIP722 with OTA can do as well as the Hopper and the USB dongle, but the flat antenna works very well.

#26 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,563 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:07 PM

I wish they'd pick up some other old shows instead of recycling the same ones across the various nostalgia networks.

#27 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6,106 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:00 AM

Here is FETV new schedule starting next week. Old shows that used to be on network primetime.

Eastern SHOW (monday-Friday)

12 noon Marcus Welby, M.D.

1 PM      The Avengers

2 PM       Magnum P.I.

3 PM       Charlie's Angels

4 PM       Make Room for Daddy (2 shows)

5 PM       Dick Van Dyke Show (2 shows)

6 PM       Roy Rogers (2 shows)

7 PM       Lone Ranger (2 shows)

8 PM       ( Mon ) McCloud

(Tue) Starsky & Hutch (2 shows)

(Wed) Six Million Dollar Man (2 shows)

Thu) Magnum P.I.

(Fri)   Movie (3 hours)

10 PM     (Mon) McLeod

(Tue) Knight Rider (1/2 hour & 90 minutes shows)

(Wed) Bionic Woman (2 shows)

(Thu)  Magnum P.I.

11 PM --- (Fri)    Run For Your Life 

Midnight   America Now

12:30 AM Lone Ranger

1 AM        Roy Rogers

1:30 AM   Lassie

6 AM         Highway to Heaven (2 shows)

EASTERN SHOW (SATURDAY)

NOON       Lone Ranger (2 shows)

1 PM         Roy Rogers (2 shows)

2  PM        Movie (90 minutes)

6 PM         Movie (2 hours)

8 PM         Maverick (4 shows)

Rest of schedule is religious programming. Not sure yet if Sunday schedule has changes.

This channel carries the same shows as Cozi TV.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

#28 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6,106 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:51 AM

Maverick is on FETV.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

#29 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:23 PM

Paul, the only way to get MeTV and Antenna TV is if your local stations carry these subchannels and you have an OTA dongle (Hopper) or built in (622).  These are not "cable channels", they are marketed as subchannels to broadcast TV stations.

I just "found" FeTV while I was visiting my cousin.  I thought it was a Spanish language network, it appears they are carrying COSI TV, which ironically is another network like MeTV & Antenna.  FeTV inserts their own commercials in the middle of scenes :nono2: .  As far as PQ my cousin had a Hopper connected to an SD CRT so those old shows looked fine.

An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

#30 OFFLINE   mwdxer

mwdxer

Legend

• Registered
  • 216 posts
  • LocationSeaside Oregon

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:08 PM

I just an e mail from a Chief Engineer that works at a station that has Antenna TV as a sub channel. As many have stated, the problem is with satellite and cable is space. At this point it is limited and adding all of the subs would be impossible on Dish. Now down the road when everything goes to MPEG4, more space will be available and later on when new satellites go up, it might be possible. Getting Antenna TV to me in rural Oregon is nearly impossible at this time.The station owner in question in out of the Midwest and sees little reason to build translators, as it is flat there and the signals get out better.They do not understand the NW.  As far as Antenna streaming, they are not at that point as yet, but that will probably be the future, as much content streams today. The FCC has a hold on any new translator  or LPTV apps at this time. Infact they may be selling off more spectrum to the cel phone industry, leaving OTA TV crammed on as few as 24 channels in the future. I wish Dish had Antenna TV. Locally, Charter Cable may carry the channel first, as the Antenna TV stream is offered to Charter Cable in several areas, but not here. Would I switch back to cable, if Antenna TV was offered, I doubt it, even though it would be tempting, but I could always move to a smaller package with Dish and then add Charter Cable. It would cost me about the same, but I would lose a lot of great channels, especially in the Blockbuster package. At this time, I guess there is no way to have your cake and eat it to, as far as Antenna TV. But at least we do have COZI, and the last Portland station translator, still in analog with switch to digital either this year or next year, and METV along with Get TV will be available on their subs. I guess we have to continue to wait for Antenna TV. But if I was to guess, those type channels will be streaming in the future. But when, who knows? Dish may add them by that time too. Maybe Dish can find a way to add the more popular sub channels, or a channel like FETV will have the Antenna TV programming. In my book, Dish is still the best that is available to me. I don't have Time Warner, Comcast, Fizo, or any fibre systems out here. We have Dish, Direct, or Charter Cable, some OTA.

#31 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,563 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:45 PM

I just "found" FeTV while I was visiting my cousin.  I thought it was a Spanish language network, it appears they are carrying COSI TV,

Yes, but not full time.  They run quite a bit of their own, much less desirable programming.

spam firewall