Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Best way to get HD to remote TV?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,795 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:05 AM

The Channel Plus gives me the option to watch the TV2 signal from the 722 on Channel 64, the 211 signal from the 211 on Channel 62 and I have my DVD player setup for Channel 60.  Without the Channel Plus I wouldn't be able to have those options on five other TV's would I?

Without the Channel Plus you could get both TV1 and TV2 off of the ViP722k using its internal agile modulators (this is still an option if you bypass the Channel Plus).

The Channel Plus is just to keep your ViP211 and the DVD playing together? For that money, I would have bought some more DVD players and gone ahead with the ViP211 on channel 3 (with an inexpensive DA if necessary).

Edited by harsh, 21 October 2013 - 08:06 AM.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   lsokoloff

lsokoloff

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 108 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:08 AM

The Channel Plus was to feed the two DISH signals, a DVD signal and a VCR signal to all six TV's in the house over four different channels.  Channel Plus has been in place for 13 years or so and was in place before there was such a thing as a DVR and HD was an infant.

#23 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

I'd ask for my money back. :biggrin:

Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#24 OFFLINE   shadough

shadough

Icon

• Registered
  • 662 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:34 PM

I just commented on this in this thread: http://www.dbstalk.c...l/#entry3194745

My setup is similar to your channel plus setup.  But I just used ordinary splitters.  I fed the TV2 outputs from my receivers into a splitter, using it as a combiner, and then split it out to every TV in the house.  I also modulated an additional box onto channel 20.  Divided both tuners from the DVRs onto seperate channels, an took an old reciver that doesnt have the "Home dist" output (just outputs onto ch 3) and thru it into the mix, so every tuner pretty much has a channel, i just hafta remember which remote to use w/ which channel :)

As for getting HD to another TV, I would folow the same guidelines I outlined in that thread link above.  Of course it would be a mirror image of your main tv, as only the Hopper system provides independent HD viewing from multiple locations.

http://shad.is.dream...fl/collect.html 1000 AFL games and counting......

#25 OFFLINE   bnewt

bnewt

Godfather

• Registered
  • 343 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:29 AM

this is what I have & it seems to work fine.........but I haven't used it extensively

http://www.hdflow.com/

May God Guide and Guard the USA!

#26 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,795 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:08 AM

this is what I have & it seems to work fine.........but I haven't used it extensively

Those devices are mysteriously unavailable from the "where to buy" retail outlets.

It is notable that this type of device typically uses the 5GHz Wi-fi band so those with dual band Wi-fi need to be aware.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#27 OFFLINE   veehb

veehb

• Registered
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:08 PM

I have a 722K next to my 55 Inch Samsung LCD TV.  I have a 40 inch LCD in a bedroom about 25 feet away, through two walls.  Monoprice.com sells am HDMI repeater that will take the HDMI output from the 722K and convert it into a CAT6 signal that can be sent up to about 150 feet to a receiver that converts it back to HDMI.  The one I bought has two outputs, so I can drive two remote HMDI TVs with it.  Cost is about $95.00.  Works great.  I have true HD TV on the remote TV,  but it is the same program as on the local Samsung TV.  I use a Dish IR/UHF Pro Remote with an IR repeater to control the 722K from the bedroom.  It's been working fine until recently when my Remote quit working.  Going to trouble shoot it tomorrow.  I also drive have a dozen SD TVs  all over the house using Coax and splitters.  That also works well with a Dish UHF remote.

Let me know if you want more details.

#28 OFFLINE   lsokoloff

lsokoloff

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 108 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:34 AM

Thanks for the info veehb.  Running CAT6's where I need them is going to be a bit of a PIA.  I've been looking at this wireless unit from Monoprice instead - http://www.monoprice...t=2#description

Sounds like I want to do the same thing you are doing except with the 211 receiver.  I am also using the DISH Pro Remote.  I am happy with the way things are working now.  All I want to change is to get an HD signal into one bedroom.  That TV is about 15 feet from the receivers and the signal has to go through one wall, so hopefully the wireless unit can handle that.  Of course if I set up the TV and the SD picture is good enough, I'll probably just stop right there.  I'm good with everything else being SD at the moment.

#29 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,795 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

At some point, you'll probably want HD all around but hopefully by that time, the cost of spreading it around won't be quite so expensive.

For a $150 cost bump (versus HDMI wall plates), running Ethernet must be pretty damn hard.

#30 OFFLINE   veehb

veehb

• Registered
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

You can buy an HDMI cable from Monoprice that will go over 15 feet. It is their premium cable, but not expensive. You could get a two channel splitter (Monoprice) and send one HDMI to the local tv and the other one to the bedroom. Your UHF remote will need an IR repeater to control TV1 from the bedroom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

#31 OFFLINE   veehb

veehb

• Registered
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

You will enjoy HD in the bedroom much more than SD. I have both available and really notice the difference on a 40" VIZIO LCD.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

#32 OFFLINE   lsokoloff

lsokoloff

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 108 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:27 AM

Ended up going with this wireless unit - http://www.amazon.co...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Only been using it for a few days, but it does exactly what I wanted.  So far so good.

Len

#33 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,930 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:59 PM

Forgive me if someone else already posted this, I did not read every post.  If you take the Hopper/Joey route (which I highly recommend) you cannot keep non XiP receivers on the account.  Even if some of your TV's are not HD, the Joey has an SD output.  The PQ blows away analog RF distribution.  The Joeys use the same RG6 that you used with your RF system.   Besides those high UHF frequencies are no longer legal for TV (above ch 52).  Even though your system is closed circuit there may be some leakage in or out of your system. 

As for the OTA module, it adds one additional tuner that can either be used for live viewing or recording (but not at the same time). A 2 Hopper system with 2 OTA dongles will give you the ability to record on one while watching live on the other.   But really, will you ever watch everything that gets recorded?

Edited by Michael P, 11 December 2013 - 09:00 PM.

An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

#34 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:49 AM

Only 1 OTA tuner per Hopper, you cannot attach 2.

It's a weakness of the system, but it's there.

Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...