Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

channel 234 (wpix) moving to channel 916?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   comizzou573

comizzou573

Legend

• Registered
  • 231 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

I take a look at zap2it.com to see whats on, I notice that there was a channel 916 wpix, do you think dish is moving these channels over to there? wwor and wpix is still on my program guide in the 230's.

916WPIX The Arsenio Hall Show
  • NEW
SeinfeldThe Cartoon Everybody Loves RaymondBig Shots FriendsThe One With Ross's Grant Family GuyTom Tucker: The Man and His Dream

918KTLA ArrowIdentity
  • NEW
The Tomorrow PeopleIn Too Deep
  • NEW
KTLA 5 News at 10
  • NEW

919WSFL The Arsenio Hall Show
  • NEW

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,365 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:41 PM

916 and 918 were placed there January 30th (2013). They are actually the former 251 and 252 special feeds that were moved. (Channel 917 was already in use, which is why there is a gap.)
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   comizzou573

comizzou573

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 231 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:12 AM

why do I not see on my receiver? only see in the 230s and 8100s, but no 910s range?

#4 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,365 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:40 AM

The channels are hidden to people who do not subscribe to them.

I'm not sure who gets 916/918. If I recall correctly they were uplinked on their former channel numbers (251/252) at about the same time as the "CW" channel that was on 253 (now 919). That was years ago.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#5 OFFLINE   comizzou573

comizzou573

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 231 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

for me they are on 234 and 238 and 8100s but no 916

#6 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:11 PM

Perhaps the 916 / 918 channels are the CW feeds for those markets without a CW of their own.

An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

#7 OFFLINE   fudpucker

fudpucker

Godfather

• Registered
  • 468 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:59 PM

Yeah, FWIW, I get WPIX on 916, nothing on 918. No sub to the superstations, and PIX used to be in the 200s for me (don't recall where.) Seems an odd place to put it - I thought that is where Dish put things so that no one would see them and thus tell the channel "hey, no one watches your channel so lower your rates." ;)

spam firewall