Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Why doesn't DirecTV have Fox on Demand?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ajiuO

ajiuO

Legend

• Registered
  • 116 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:28 PM

They have CBS, NBC, ABC... Why not fox?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,224 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:18 AM

They have CBS, NBC, ABC... Why not fox?

I have been wondering the same thing.  I would guess that the two have not come to the necessary terms in order to offer it..

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q4 2014 Set-Up

#3 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:37 AM

Its not in their agreement yet.....next time the contract with FOX comes up, it will most likely be on the table

#4 OFFLINE   JohnBoy

JohnBoy

• Registered
  • 253 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:42 AM

Better yet,why no next day air and HD content for Prime Networks.It usually takes 3-5 days or even a week for a current show to show up on OnDemand.

But I agree we need Fox and FXX ondemand to complete the line up.

Edited by JohnBoy, 17 October 2013 - 08:43 AM.

Mas Ultra Package + NFL ST MAX (Go Bills) MLB Xtra innings (Go Yankees)
1  Genie HR 44 - 700
3   Mini Genie C41 - 100
1 AM21 OTA Tuner

#5 OFFLINE   JosephB

JosephB

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, AL

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:18 AM

Better yet,why no next day air and HD content for Prime Networks.It usually takes 3-5 days or even a week for a current show to show up on OnDemand.

But I agree we need Fox and FXX ondemand to complete the line up.

Do the networks offer the content that quickly? What's the turnaround for cable on demand offerings for the networks?

#6 OFFLINE   JohnBoy

JohnBoy

• Registered
  • 253 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:33 AM

Do the networks offer the content that quickly? What's the turnaround for cable on demand offerings for the networks?

BHN in Florida has next day air Prime Time in HD all 4 top stations.

Alot of their customers dont even bother with a dvr as ondemand works like their own personal dvr with the quick content turn around.

I wish we had it like this, due to the fact all my tuners are not available on a given night to record some shows i like,so I then have to rely on OnDemand.

Mas Ultra Package + NFL ST MAX (Go Bills) MLB Xtra innings (Go Yankees)
1  Genie HR 44 - 700
3   Mini Genie C41 - 100
1 AM21 OTA Tuner

#7 OFFLINE   JosephB

JosephB

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, AL

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

BHN in Florida has next day air Prime Time in HD all 4 top stations.

Alot of their customers dont even bother with a dvr as ondemand works like their own personal dvr with the quick content turn around.

I wish we had it like this, due to the fact all my tuners are not available on a given night to record some shows i like,so I then have to rely on OnDemand.

I wonder if it's true on demand or remote DVR. TWC and Bright House have remote DVR and "start over" features. They record a lot of content and you can access it as if it's on your DVR, making it closer to a Hopper than true "on demand"

#8 OFFLINE   lacubs

lacubs

Godfather

• Registered
  • 533 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:36 PM

why can't all networks should be like Premium network they have their "New Stuff" up by the next morning

#9 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,957 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:53 AM

Last I checked, most of the on demand stuff was not in HD, so I rarely use it. Also most networks are preventing transport controls like FF or 30skip. Not really an issue with "cable" networks, but more of an ABC, CBS, NBC thing.

So we keep those networks higher priority because most cable channels rerun their content at midnight so the DVR just records a later showing.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

#10 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,269 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:23 AM

Quite right! The crappy presentation is one reason to not rely on catching up via VOD, though I'm sure glad it's there just in case. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...