Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ticket App Local Game

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Hdhead

Hdhead

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:55 AM

Currently the app won't let me watch my local Packers game because it is broadcast locally I guess. If I go out of town will the app recognize that and let me watch the game?

2 - HR20-100s
1 - HR21-100
1 - HR21-700
1 - HR34 Genie
1 - H24-100
1 - H24-200
SWM16/DECA

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

I believe if you get far enough away to a place where the Green Bay game is not on a local channel, then yes it will become available to the app.  I believe it goes by the IP address or cell tower that your phone/tablet is connected through.

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#3 OFFLINE   ejbvt

ejbvt

AllStar

• Registered
  • 444 posts
  • LocationCentral NC

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

This is most ridiculous part of Sunday Ticket Max. As a Colts fan in NC, I expected to receive ALL Colts games on my phone, should I not be home, taking the dog out to play, etc. To be sure, I asked the CSR if I would be able to watch ALL the Sunday Colts games. She said, "Yes because the Colts are not your local team." That was last season, and the few games I tried to watch on my phone worked perfectly. This seaon, I have been gone a few times and tried to watch part of a Colts game. It told me I was blacked out. Turns out a local TV channel was airing the game. That is absolutely ridiculous. Until this is fixed, this will be my last season with ST Max as it is a complete rip off. Look at the those 4:30 games that nearly everyone gets, that means nearly everybody can't watch it on their phone, which we have PAID to do. 

DIRECTV: Genie (HR34) w/AM21 and 1 client.
AT&T: U-Verse Internet, Motorola modem and Samsung Galaxy S3 cell.
LG 42" (1080p, 120 Hz, 3D, Smart TV), Samsung 32" (1080p, 60 Hz)
Denon AVR591, Panasonic Blu Ray, Magnavox DVD player, Philips VCR, Terk HDTVo.

#4 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,785 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:03 PM

Shouldn't you folks be blaming the NFL. DirecTV does not set the rules

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#5 OFFLINE   ejbvt

ejbvt

AllStar

• Registered
  • 444 posts
  • LocationCentral NC

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:29 PM

I will blame all parties if I pay to watch OUT OF MARKET NFL games and are denied what I paid for because of another example of local channel greed.

DIRECTV: Genie (HR34) w/AM21 and 1 client.
AT&T: U-Verse Internet, Motorola modem and Samsung Galaxy S3 cell.
LG 42" (1080p, 120 Hz, 3D, Smart TV), Samsung 32" (1080p, 60 Hz)
Denon AVR591, Panasonic Blu Ray, Magnavox DVD player, Philips VCR, Terk HDTVo.

#6 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,785 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:40 PM

I will blame all parties if I pay to watch OUT OF MARKET NFL games and are denied what I paid for because of another example of local channel greed.

not sure how you can blame DirecTV when they are told by the NFL what to do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#7 ONLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,317 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

But Out of Market is basically defined as a game that is not locally available. Since the Colts are locally available, you can't watch them via ST.

Same applies with other sports packages too.

#8 OFFLINE   dtv757

dtv757

Icon

• Registered
  • 757 posts
  • Location757

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

It has always been like this. Local games arr blacked out as you can watch them via OTA.

Its the nfl with these rules. For those with NFL mobile on there phones I believe same rule applies if you are at a NFL stadium. U get a blacked out message.

It happend to me when I went to gb @ CAR game a few years back. I was trying to watch other games during halftime and got blackout message on both apps.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using DBSTalk mobile app

DIRECTV customer since SEPT 2000 (1) Genie (2) Genie Mini's (1) HR22-100 (1) HR23-700 all networked, total 10 live tunners!!-------------
SAYING NO TO CABLE .. PRICELESS
There’s good TV there’s better TV and than there’s DIRECTV (the undisputed sports & HD leader in TV)
NOTE: my comments are my own personal options and in no way shape or form represent my employer

#9 OFFLINE   Hdhead

Hdhead

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:38 AM

I believe if you get far enough away to a place where the Green Bay game is not on a local channel, then yes it will become available to the app.  I believe it goes by the IP address or cell tower that your phone/tablet is connected through.

So the consenus is that when I travel to Florida from Wisconsin I will be able to watch the Packers games on the mobile app. Right?

2 - HR20-100s
1 - HR21-100
1 - HR21-700
1 - HR34 Genie
1 - H24-100
1 - H24-200
SWM16/DECA

#10 ONLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,317 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:27 AM

So the consenus is that when I travel to Florida from Wisconsin I will be able to watch the Packers games on the mobile app. Right?

Yes. Unless the Packers are playing in FL and you're in that market.

#11 OFFLINE   dtv757

dtv757

Icon

• Registered
  • 757 posts
  • Location757

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:30 AM

U can view the maps @ www.the506.com/nflmaps
This way u can see which games are local at the city you are traveling to. The maps are updated every Wed.

DIRECTV customer since SEPT 2000 (1) Genie (2) Genie Mini's (1) HR22-100 (1) HR23-700 all networked, total 10 live tunners!!-------------
SAYING NO TO CABLE .. PRICELESS
There’s good TV there’s better TV and than there’s DIRECTV (the undisputed sports & HD leader in TV)
NOTE: my comments are my own personal options and in no way shape or form represent my employer

#12 OFFLINE   milton

milton

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 193 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:45 PM

It has always been like this. Local games arr blacked out as you can watch them via OTA.

Its the nfl with these rules. For those with NFL mobile on there phones I believe same rule applies if you are at a NFL stadium. U get a blacked out message.

It happend to me when I went to gb @ CAR game a few years back. I was trying to watch other games during halftime and got blackout message on both apps.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using DBSTalk mobile app

Actually, it hasn't always been like this. Up until the early 2000s (I think), all games were available in the clear on NFL Sunday Ticket (unless there was a no sellout blackout).  Games that aired on your local CBS/FOX were still available on NFL ST.

#13 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,548 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:31 AM

Actually, it hasn't always been like this. Up until the early 2000s (I think), all games were available in the clear on NFL Sunday Ticket (unless there was a no sellout blackout).  Games that aired on your local CBS/FOX were still available on NFL ST.

It changed around the time they added full HD (just before that), so late 2000s? They first did it in just a couple markets (Seattle was one of them?) for a year then it went nationwide.

Red Zone is available everywhere, though, so you can watch there and keep up with important plays while mobile.

LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#14 OFFLINE   Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:43 PM

Yes.  I was in Florida last week and was able to watch the Jets/Steelers game via the mobile app.  That game would have been blacked out if I had been home.

As others have pointed out, if the Packers game happens to be on local broadcast TV, in the area of Florida in which you are in at the time, the game will still be blacked out.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...