Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Bad disconnect of service experience

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bcgrinner

bcgrinner

• Registered
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:52 AM

I was with Dish for 13 years but had to upgrade to an HD receiver in July.  I spoke to Dish customer retention dept a couple of times to see if they could get close to Directv's new customer offer but it didn't work out so I disconnected on July 16.  On July 25th, I had to contact Dish because I didn't receive the equipment return pack when expected.  I received an email confirmation of returned equipment on Aug 8 but still have not received my refund for the partial month credit after disconnection, although I've previously called in August and September.  I just spoke to customer service again today and was promised a refund in 5-7 business days but the amount is smaller than anticipated.   I paid $88 by credit card on July 1st, disconnected on July 16th and am receiving a refund of $18.

I've never disconnected service with a satellite provider before.  Is this how it normally works?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   gov

gov

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:08 AM

I've seen considerable variation on D* and E* between what the CSR tells you and what it turns out they really want.

I have more than one E* customer with late model HDDVRs still waiting a year for return kits.  They weren't blipped non-return fees, but I told them HDDVRs are pricey and to just sit on them.

D* frequently says they want everything back, but then it turns out they don't want the receivers if they are old, certain mfrs, or have 'died' of specific known problems.

Make sure CSR notes account records accordingly when you call (but how can we know they really do?).

#3 OFFLINE   medziatkowicz31

medziatkowicz31

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:02 AM

another thing to consider is somehow record or write down what they say and get their name. That way if something happens down the road you can say so and so on this date and time told me I don't have to do such and such.

#4 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:38 AM

You can always request the specifics be emailed to you. Havinf an email in hand is worth several in the bush.

#5 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,202 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:03 PM

I was with Dish for 13 years but had to upgrade to an HD receiver in July. I spoke to Dish customer retention dept a couple of times to see if they could get close to Directv's new customer offer but it didn't work out so I disconnected on July 16. On July 25th, I had to contact Dish because I didn't receive the equipment return pack when expected. I received an email confirmation of returned equipment on Aug 8 but still have not received my refund for the partial month credit after disconnection, although I've previously called in August and September. I just spoke to customer service again today and was promised a refund in 5-7 business days but the amount is smaller than anticipated. I paid $88 by credit card on July 1st, disconnected on July 16th and am receiving a refund of $18.

I've never disconnected service with a satellite provider before. Is this how it normally works?

What day was your billon cycle beginning an ending. I wouldn't be surprised it if was not the 1 but closer to the 18 say around 20th or so which could be why your credit back would be so low.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...