Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR44 No Internet via ethernet

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   garriew

garriew

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

I upgraded to a Genie HR44/700 a few days ago and can not get the Internet to work using an ethernet cable. The HR22 it replaced worked with no issues. Wireless will work.

Under settings -> more info it says ethernet is connected but every time I go to setting ->  network connection, it wants to setup wifi.

I've rebooted it multiple times, rebooted the router, tried advanced settings and everything else I could think of/found online.

My setup:

HR44 is connected to a 4 port switch that is connected to the router. In another room I have a HR22 connected directly to the router via ethernet and it's still working.

Suggestions?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,265 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:50 PM

You cannot have two internet connections! One or the other, then redo Network settings, and you should be good to go. If not, reboot both DVRs. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#3 OFFLINE   lugnutathome

lugnutathome

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationWoodburn, OR

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:27 AM

I read this to mean he wants to turn wireless off and for the life of me I cannot remember how to turn it on let alone off.

Don "that brain cell was overcome by mutating carne asada just last month" Bolton

You cannot have two internet connections! One or the other, then redo Network settings, and you should be good to go. If not, reboot both DVRs.

What's a dazzling urbanite like you doing in a rustic setting like this?

#4 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,249 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:25 AM

I upgraded to a Genie HR44/700 a few days ago and can not get the Internet to work using an ethernet cable. The HR22 it replaced worked with no issues. Wireless will work.

Under settings -> more info it says ethernet is connected but every time I go to setting ->  network connection, it wants to setup wifi.

I've rebooted it multiple times, rebooted the router, tried advanced settings and everything else I could think of/found online.

I would appear to me that the HR44 is already using ethernet.  I would check your router and check your network attached devices.  you should see the HR44 under the ethernet interface.

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#5 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,265 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:41 AM

The first step is to remove one ethernet cable....

#6 OFFLINE   garriew

garriew

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:54 AM

The first step is to remove one ethernet cable....

There is only one connected to the Genie.

I would appear to me that the HR44 is already using ethernet.  I would check your router and check your network attached devices.  you should see the HR44 under the ethernet interface.

On the router, it doesn't show under attached devices. Nothing does. The Netgear router I have is notorious for losing/not showing the list of connected devices.

#7 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,265 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:26 AM

There is only one connected to the Genie.

On the router, it doesn't show under attached devices. Nothing does. The Netgear router I have is notorious for losing/not showing the list of connected devices.

I assumed you were on standard Whole Home, in which case having two internet connections to the system could be the problem. 

Regardless of what the router or Genie says or doesn't say, do you have access to DTV Apps for instance? (Or VOD, Pandora, etc.)

#8 OFFLINE   garriew

garriew

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:31 AM

I assumed you were on standard Whole Home, in which case having two internet connections to the system could be the problem. 

Regardless of what the router or Genie says or doesn't say, do you have access to DTV Apps for instance? (Or VOD, Pandora, etc.)

No. It tells me there is no Internet access.

#9 OFFLINE   DB Stalker

DB Stalker

Legend

• Registered
  • 131 posts
  • LocationTooele, UT

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

In another room I have a HR22 connected directly to the router via ethernet and it's still working.

do you have a deca connected to the hr22?

#)

#)

#10 OFFLINE   garriew

garriew

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

do you have a deca connected to the hr22?

#)

No. I did everything as Ethernet when whole home was first released.

#11 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,171 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:05 AM

No. I did everything as Ethernet when whole home was first released.

You will need/should add a bsf at the HR22 or go deca with it. Genie sends out deca always. I assume that's the only two units in your system.

As for your current issue, plugin the ethnet cable the unplug your router,switch, receivers, and swim power supply. Then plug in router, wait five minutes, plug I switch, wait five minutes, plug in swim power supply, wait five minutes, plug in receivers.

If that alone doesn't solve the issue, rerunsat setup on the genie. Then Reset network defaults. Then try again.

That's where I'd start.

#12 OFFLINE   garriew

garriew

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:28 PM

I fixed this issue by replacing my router. It was having issues of not broadcasting itself so I am guessing the Genie wasn't seeing it.

#13 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,249 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:33 PM

Awesome. Thanks for the update.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

Protected By... spam firewall...And...