Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Genie HR44

Recording Light Dim

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JKOUGEL

JKOUGEL

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:08 PM

Just installed my second Genie HR44 due to recording light is not visible. The recording light can only be seen if you are standing right in front of the unit. The older model Genies I have seen have recording light that can be seen across the room. Is there a fix to brighten up the light?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,196 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:46 PM

I've never considered the recording light to be important, much less critical. To what use do you put it? 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#3 OFFLINE   JKOUGEL

JKOUGEL

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:52 PM

As you know, the Genie can record five programs at one time. I record a lot of programs , manly so I can skip the commercials . This is the only DTV receiver that I can't see if it is recording from my chair. I have to get up and walk over to see-it or pull up the list to see if it is recording.

#4 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,114 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:52 PM

They are meant to be dim to not disturb or distract your viewing. No way to really change their brightness like the rest of the lights.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

#5 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,114 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:54 PM

I'd just hit list then if your having trouble seeing it.

#6 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:47 AM

They are meant to be dim to not disturb or distract your viewing. No way to really change their brightness like the rest of the lights.

My HR34-700 must be a exception. It's recording light is very bright. Much brighter than my previous HD DVR's.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#7 OFFLINE   o7RAVENS

o7RAVENS

Mentor

• Registered
  • 73 posts
  • LocationBaltimore Md.

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:49 AM

My recording light is very hard to see to. hr44 200

#8 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,910 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:03 AM

My HR34-700 must be a exception. It's recording light is very bright. Much brighter than my previous HD DVR's.

I think I ended up putting two light dims on mine. That light is like a laser.

#9 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,196 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:34 AM

As you know, the Genie can record five programs at one time. I record a lot of programs , manly so I can skip the commercials . This is the only DTV receiver that I can't see if it is recording from my chair. I have to get up and walk over to see-it or pull up the list to see if it is recording.

I see. I set it and forget it, myself. Are you finding a number of recordings you've set are not ending up in the List?

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#10 OFFLINE   mrdobolina

mrdobolina

AllStar

• Registered
  • 308 posts
  • LocationA Mile High

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:09 AM

Mine is also pretty dim (HR44-500), and I know once or twice I was surprised there was no recording light on when I knew there was a recording that should be happening.  But when I checked, the recording was there and actually happening, it's just the light was so dim I couldn't see it from where I was at. 

As long as my recordings happen, I don't mind not seeing the light.  I just learned to have faith in Genie.  :gott:

DirecTV Customer Since 1997

#11 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,114 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

The HR34 is obnoxious. I think that's why they made the hr44 so dim.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...