Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Mystery Recordings and Non-Recordings

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dbconsultant

dbconsultant

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,260 posts
  • LocationTemecula, CA

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:49 AM

We have had recording "anomalies" ever since we got our Hopper/Joey.

We will set up a recording for something, check it in the morning and confirm that the recording is scheduled, come home that night and find that the recording did not record and the scheduled item doesn't even show in the history when we try to check to see why it didn't record. This happens most often for football games but sometimes with other "one-off" programs as well.

The flip-side is that we will see that a recording for "Sports Center" or "Sports Today" has been scheduled for 6 in the morning or 11 at night. This seems to happen when other recordings have disappeared.

I thought maybe someone else in our neighborhood had the same remote frequency but our nearest neighbor is an acre away and has DirecTv. Plus, if that was the case, I think we would see this happen more often than we are seeing it. We didn't have this problem when we had our 622.

Anyone else experiencing this type of situation?

Debi

Hopper and one Joey
Sony KDL-40W5100 HDTV
Pioneer VSX-41 A/V Receiver
Magnavox DVD Recorder
Sony DVP-NC665P CD/DVD Player

Sony BlueRay Player

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,915 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:42 PM

Before I would even guess, I would have to know what you were trying to record.

For example...  sometimes I record programs like Around the Horn on ESPN when I am out...  and sometimes those recordings will have a label of whatever program preceded it (NFL Live some days) instead of the expected label.

So... there could be scenarios where your event is recording but under a different name.

I have also seen scenarios where the EPG data changes and then a timer really doesn't record...  I usually see this more with the Daily Show and Colbert on Comedy Central...  sometimes the EPG info changes on those and I'll have a timer, but it never fires and never records and doesn't show in the history...  and I ultimately have learned I have to just delete and re-define those if the EPG changes after I set the timer.

Recurring timers have less problems (like a daily or weekly or new timer)... but one-off timers seem to be more susceptible to these EPG quirks.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...