Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Dijit collaborates with 11 TV networks to remind you to watch their shows

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Athlon646464

Athlon646464

Hall Of Fame

• News Hound
  • 2,712 posts
  • LocationUxbridge, MA

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:14 AM

Dijit collaborates with 11 TV networks to remind you to watch their shows

Say you're surfing around online and come upon an interesting promo for a new TV show. You could stop what you're doing, find the show on your DVR and hit record, but most likely you'll just make yourself a little mental note to catch it later.

If you go to one of the network's show pages, you'll see a "Remind Me" button with a small alarm clock icon. Click that, and you can sign up for an email or Facebook reminder that'll arrive a half hour before the show airs. 

If you just don't have the time to watch it then, the message'll also have a one-click "record to DVR" option with participating providers (Comcast, DirecTV and Dish are the only ones for now).

dijitreminder.png
Engadget

1 HR34-700, 1 C31-700, 1 HR24-500
Original install on April 20, 2008 - HR34 & C31 installed on August 24, 2013 - HR24 installed on July 23, 2010

Press any key to continue, or any other key to cancel.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   kenglish

kenglish

Icon

• Registered
  • 972 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, Utah, USA

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:57 AM

I've thought a lot about something similar, but for OTA TV.

So, give us broadcasters about 25 years, a few dozen committees, and help from the FCC, the NAB, and Congress, and we can probably come up with a standard.

• Laxguy likes this

#3 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,048 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:34 AM

Nice idea, but the reminders seem to be for only smart phones or tablets. Where's the basic computer?

DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR24-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#4 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,441 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:37 AM

Nice idea, but the reminders seem to be for only smart phones or tablets. Where's the basic computer?

email?

#5 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,355 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:30 PM

Didn't our old TV forum have an email reminder option for new programs?  I seem to remember subscribing to certain reminders of when a show was going to start. I really like that feature.

For now, I have the whole document printed out that Armophob so generously put together for us.  I keep it by the remote control.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#6 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,048 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:01 AM

Didn't our old TV forum have an email reminder option for new programs?  I seem to remember subscribing to certain reminders of when a show was going to start. I really like that feature.

For now, I have the whole document printed out that Armophob so generously put together for us.  I keep it by the remote control.

Yep.

So far they haven't been able to figure out how to get this forum calendar to do it.

Or any other online calendar.

DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR24-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

Protected By... spam firewall...And...