Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Best Remote Controls For DISH 722k

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jim148

Jim148

Godfather

• Registered
  • 314 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:35 PM

I was at a Wal Mart earlier today and they had some DISH remote controls on close out.  It looked as if this remote is capable of controlling either TV1 or TV2.  If that is true, do I have to select one or the other and that is it or are there now remote controls that readily switch from controlling TV1 to TV2?

This is the one I saw http://www.walmart.c...REMOTE/21000304

Edited by Jim148, 20 October 2013 - 02:07 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   jsk

jsk

Icon

• Registered
  • 705 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

In the RF remote for the 722K, there is a green (for TV1) or blue (for TV2) tab at the bottom of the remote.  To switch between TV1 & TV2, open the battery compartment, slide out the colored tab and turn it over to the other side.  

Dish Player DVR 722K with OTA module connected to the Eastern Arc

#3 OFFLINE   Jim148

Jim148

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 314 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:44 PM

Thank you for the reply.  I am tempted to see if there would be a way to modify that with a switch so that I could switch between TV1 & TV2 a bit more quickly.

#4 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 17,823 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:39 PM

Thank you for the reply.  I am tempted to see if there would be a way to modify that with a switch so that I could switch between TV1 & TV2 a bit more quickly.

It may be possible but it would surely be confusing. IIRC, there is a slide switch inside that could be remoted but placement of the switch and figuring out how to keep track of how it works would be a challenge.

I think you would be much better served by a second remote.

Are you feeding TV1 and TV2 to the same display or something along those lines?

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#5 OFFLINE   Jim148

Jim148

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 314 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

.....Are you feeding TV1 and TV2 to the same display or something along those lines?

Yes, I am.

#6 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 17,823 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:23 AM

Yes, I am.

Why?

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#7 OFFLINE   Jim148

Jim148

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 314 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:23 PM

I have a DISH 722k and I use the TV1 and TV2 to feed signal to several TVs around my home.  While most of the time having TV2 content at the secondary TVs is fine, sometimes I want to watch TV1 content.  For example, say my wife or sons are watching and/or recording something via TV2.  I can readily switch to TV1 content, but I can't readily change channels because the remote control nearby is for TV2.  If I had the ability to readily switch from TV1 to TV2 would help immensely in these scenarios.   

#8 OFFLINE   tigerwillow1

tigerwillow1

Legend

• Registered
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:22 PM

If you remove the plastic 1-2 tab and put the battery cover back on, you can access the slide switch with a makeshift tool.  It's a bit awkward, but do-able.  It also looks to me like you could shave off the end of the battery cover to be able to flip the plastic tab while leaving the battery cover in place.  What I can't tell is wheteher the battery cover would still snap into place or fall off after shaving it.

spam firewall