Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

GenieGo only sees Playlist from one of four DVRs

GenieGo

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 11,503 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:45 AM

I wonder if there was an update to the GenieGo firmware?   My GenieGo Clients are now seeing recordings from my HD DVRs, too!   

HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,821 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:08 AM

I believe the latest NR in the HD DVRs has fixed a number of GenieGO issues.  I know with certainty that it has improved my Genie connectivity and the latest transcodes (prepare) no longer have any pixelation or breakups or audio sync issues after transferring.  

#63 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,626 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:11 AM

I believe the latest NR in the HD DVRs has fixed a number of GenieGO issues.  I know with certainty that it has improved my Genie connectivity and the latest transcodes (prepare) no longer have any pixelation or breakups or audio sync issues after transferring.  

I believe you are right.

DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#64 OFFLINE   dualsub2006

dualsub2006

Icon

• Registered
  • 793 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:21 PM

I just got my GenieGo, hooked it all up and everything worked perfectly for 10 minutes.

The GenieGo sees only the HR-24 consistently, my two HR-23's come and go.

My CCK and GenieGo are both connected to the same switch. Connecting them both to the AirPort Extreme directly isn't possible.

I see a lot of people having the same issues as me, but what worries me is, I don't see a lot of solutions.

I've tried resetting everything, the GenieGo even got a couple of 2 minute resets. Still nothing.

#65 OFFLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,821 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:23 PM

I just got my GenieGo, hooked it all up and everything worked perfectly for 10 minutes.

The GenieGo sees only the HR-24 consistently, my two HR-23's come and go.

My CCK and GenieGo are both connected to the same switch. Connecting them both to the AirPort Extreme directly isn't possible.

I see a lot of people having the same issues as me, but what worries me is, I don't see a lot of solutions.

I've tried resetting everything, the GenieGo even got a couple of 2 minute resets. Still nothing.

I've been a GenieGO user since it was available and have learned that the product is finicky when wireless connections are used and remote switches off a central router.  

GenieGO will be very reliable if it and every DVR is directly connected back to the home router with internet access.

I have tried remote switches, wireless HR44 connections and sooner or later one or more DVR's drop off as you describled.

If your switch is Cat5 wired to your router  and the CCK and GenieGO are connected to that same switch with Cat5 cable, it should be stable.  But will depend on how your switch gets to the router.

If you post a drawing of all your connections, it will help get you to solid performance. And posting which Airport Extreme product you have an how it connects to the modem will help too.

#66 OFFLINE   dualsub2006

dualsub2006

Icon

• Registered
  • 793 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:41 PM

Everything is together. My cable modem, security system, CCK, GenieGo and the switch are all right next to one another. The entire network is freshly pulled Cat6 and freshly made Cat6 cables to the devices.

Modem plugs directly into the AirPort Extreme (previous model) and the switch and security system are plugged into the AirPort and my entire house is plugged into that switch.

I have some far flung switches in various parts of my house, but those are for game consoles and AirPort Express Extenders. There's a Blu-ray player plugged in here and there as well, but everything for D* runs off of the main switch.

I swapped the security system for the GenieGo, but my HR-23's don't show up unless I do a 2 minute reset, then they're gone again in a few minutes.

#67 OFFLINE   dualsub2006

dualsub2006

Icon

• Registered
  • 793 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:11 PM

OK, so I've been working much harder on this than anyone should have to, and I'm still stuck in the same spot. I separated my CCK and GenieGo off onto their own hub, not a switch. Everything worked fine for 10 minutes after a 2 minute reset. As I was re-configuring everything on my AirPort Extreme, I discovered that it doesn't have two Ethernet ports, it has three. I'm currently running the CCK and GenieGo off of the AirPort Extreme directly. Everything works fine for 10 minutes after a 2 minute reset. 

I called support for this, and I'm waiting to hear if whichever department the rep escalated this to comes back and says anything. At this point, the only thing that I haven't changed is switching from my AirPort Extreme to another router type, which I won't do. I use three AirPort Express units to extend both the wired and wireless network all throughout my house, and I'm not willing to spend the kind of money it would take to replace all of that with another brand when the GenieGo is the only thing having an issue.

Unless D* gets back to me with some solution that clears this all up, it looks like the GenieGo is going back.

Edited by dualsub2006, 08 December 2013 - 12:12 PM.

#68 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,250 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:32 PM

Did you try a 3-minute reset?  As I mentioned before, the 2-minute reset did not reset/erase my GenieGo, so someone mentioned 3 minutes. I tried it and that worked.

Not sure if that will solve your problems, but you mentioned 2-minute reset twice in your last post.

#69 OFFLINE   dualsub2006

dualsub2006

Icon

• Registered
  • 793 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:26 PM

The 2 minute reset has wiped mine each time that I've done it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DBSTalk mobile app

#70 OFFLINE   dualsub2006

dualsub2006

Icon

• Registered
  • 793 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:20 PM

D* did get back to me, and all they said was the Android 4.4 and Windows 8 aren't supported OS versions.

I got my iPad out running iOS 5 and MacBook running 10.6, both of which ARE supported, and got the same results.

Instead of calling Case Management back I'm going to call and return it.

#71 OFFLINE   bones boy

bones boy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 274 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:47 AM

Is the latest release (for HD DVRs not Genies) 0x79b? Because i just received this release and continuing to have programs from 2 of my 4 HR24 DVRs unavailable in the GenieGo app. In the newly updated DTV app the programs show up in Playlist but there is no download button (from the 2 affected DVRs).

A 30 second button reset on the GenieGo makes missing programs from the affected 2 DVRs available for about 5 mins and then they disappear again. Unplugging the GenieGo for 5+ minutes has no effect.

This sucks. Any ideas? Is there a different NR that is fixing some of your issues?

Edited by bones boy, 03 January 2014 - 04:49 AM.

#72 OFFLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,821 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:49 AM

Perhaps if you re-read my Post 65 above, and follow the suggestion in the last line, a number of folks will be able to help resolve the issue.  There's a few folks here with lots of expertise.  Some more than Directv folks on the phone.

Wordy descriptions and previous model designations leave a lot to guesswork but a drawing with part numbers make things very clear and easy to decipher.

#73 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,247 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:39 AM

Is the latest release (for HD DVRs not Genies) 0x79b? Because i just received this release and continuing to have programs from 2 of my 4 HR24 DVRs unavailable in the GenieGo app. In the newly updated DTV app the programs show up in Playlist but there is no download button (from the 2 affected DVRs).

A 30 second button reset on the GenieGo makes missing programs from the affected 2 DVRs available for about 5 mins and then they disappear again. Unplugging the GenieGo for 5+ minutes has no effect.

This sucks. Any ideas? Is there a different NR that is fixing some of your issues?

I am still having that exact issue with my HR44-700. Hopefully a new software release (or an update to the DirecTV app) will resolve the issue.

- Merg

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

#74 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,247 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:45 PM

I am still having that exact issue with my HR44-700. Hopefully a new software release (or an update to the DirecTV app) will resolve the issue. - Merg Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

For those wondering, after updating my HR44 with a CE release this past weekend, the Genie now sees my HR44 without issue. So it does appear that a future release will resolve this issue with the HR44's not being seen by the GenieGo.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#75 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,641 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:25 PM

I never had any issues with my HR44 seeing my GenieGo running the current NR

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#76 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,647 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:50 PM

Awesome! </peds>

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#77 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,641 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:04 PM

Awesome! </peds>

not sure if you are being sarcastic or not...

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#78 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,647 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:54 PM

not sure if you are being sarcastic or not...

Playful is the word I'd use.....  :)

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#79 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,247 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:21 AM

I never had any issues with my HR44 seeing my GenieGo running the current NR

Well, I've now noticed that my HR34 is not able to see the GenieGo via OOH. When I pull up the DirecTV for iPad app, no shows from the HR34 are visible in the PlayList. The HR34 PlayList is also not seen on the iPhone app. I'll try a new software version for the HR34 next week. My HR24 is still showing up fine though and has never had an issue.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#80 OFFLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,821 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:49 PM

For those having GG intermittent playlist connections, over time I have found the following helps and solves things most of the time.

-Avoid using HR44 wireless as the internet bridge.  Use wired connections.   Supported DECA, CCKs, etc

-Try to avoid switches, repeaters extenders etc.

-If you must use a switch, put the GG and DECA internet connection to the same switch.  Some cables going to one switch and another to the router will cause hiccups. 

The above won't solve the HR24-500 issues all the time but usually intermittent playlists or missing playlists are solved with all wired connections coming back to one common router as direct as possible.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GenieGo

spam firewall