Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

722k Hard Drive Failure

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jim148

Jim148

Godfather

• Registered
  • 319 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:33 AM

Several times recently my 722k has been slow to power up after being powered down.  One of the times I received a message about hard drive failure.  Last night, similarly, it was slow to power up and all of the recent recordings were gone.  Should I replace it now or will DISH make be wait until it gets worse?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 296 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:09 AM

Jim148,

I know this can be frustrating and I am happy to help you. Would you PM me with the phone number on the account?

Thanks

#3 ONLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,326 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

Several times recently my 722k has been slow to power up after being powered down.

Why are you powering it down?

Its goose is almost certainly cooked so you need to jump on Mike.H's offer of help.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#4 OFFLINE   jtomas76

jtomas76

• Registered
  • 2 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:57 PM

Hello there,

Also ran into the same issue. My 722 had rebooted twice on it's own the past few weeks. Then comes this past Sunday right before the (name of game not inserted to avoid being sued by the NFL). Had some friends over for the game and at 5:27 the receiver reboots and when it comes back on I get a message stating that there is a hard drive error and all my recordings (35+ hours worth) have been deleted. But it's ok because my timers are saved. Yes, sarcasm ;) Same message last night when I went to turn it on just to check it out.

Is there anything DISH has done for their customers in this instance? I purposely didn't call Sunday night due to frustration. I'm in need of a new 722 and preferably a credit or premium channel for a time or something. I understand that technology fails, it's more the fact that all my recordings are gone.

Any suggestions or advice?

Thanks!

#5 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,713 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:40 PM

that would be an advantage to own a DVR - you could proactively replace falling drive and copy its content (as-is) to new drive

#6 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,440 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:06 PM

ASAP copy the programs to an EHD then get the receiver replaced.

If that drive totally fails on your, you'll lose al the recordings on it - copy them off ASAP.

Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#7 OFFLINE   jtomas76

jtomas76

• Registered
  • 2 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:32 AM

The problem lies in the fact that my recordings are already gone. Definitely will be getting an EHD for next time. This was not an awesome experience.

Appreciate the responses!

#8 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 296 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:40 PM

Hello there,

Also ran into the same issue. My 722 had rebooted twice on it's own the past few weeks. Then comes this past Sunday right before the (name of game not inserted to avoid being sued by the NFL). Had some friends over for the game and at 5:27 the receiver reboots and when it comes back on I get a message stating that there is a hard drive error and all my recordings (35+ hours worth) have been deleted. But it's ok because my timers are saved. Yes, sarcasm ;) Same message last night when I went to turn it on just to check it out.

Is there anything DISH has done for their customers in this instance? I purposely didn't call Sunday night due to frustration. I'm in need of a new 722 and preferably a credit or premium channel for a time or something. I understand that technology fails, it's more the fact that all my recordings are gone.

Any suggestions or advice?

Thanks!

jtomas76,

I can understand how this can be frustrating and I wanted to touch bases with you about the request you had in your post.

Would you please PM me with the phone number on the account to better assist you?

Thanks

spam firewall