Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Recent Topics

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 19,389 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:36 AM

Is there some way to prevent the front page news items from overtaking the Recent Topics listings?

Recent Topics appears to be a much less useful feature than its name suggests; especially when there are several front page articles.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,163 posts
  • LocationTraveling the USA

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:30 AM

Hi...

I made a change to see if it helps what is being shown on the right side for RECENT TOPICS.  Not sure how often it recaches the data so I am not sure yet if what I did will work. ;)  

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Founder - AVSForum.comTiVoCommunity.com, Home Theater Cruise, LLC, DBNet Consulting, LLC, 

Board of Advisers - Prelaunch.com

Connecting to Over 5 Million Unique Enthusiasts a Month

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged.

#3 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 19,389 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:50 AM

I made a change to see if it helps what is being shown on the right side for RECENT TOPICS.  Not sure how often it recaches the data so I am not sure yet if what I did will work. ;)

We'll see what happens when there is a blast of news articles.

I appreciate your efforts in any event.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#4 OFFLINE   STEVEN-H

STEVEN-H

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 619 posts
  • Location40241

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:43 AM

having problems with windows 8.1 with IE11 and chat.  I get needs needs Java witch is installed then a box comes up say it needs to install addonchat.com/404.html which will not install.  Any suggestions?

HR24-500 AM-21
HR24-200 AM-21
Direct TV Slimline-5S (SWM) DECA
Direct TV since 6/23/96.

#5 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,050 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:44 AM

having problems with windows 8.1 with IE11 and chat.  I get needs needs Java witch is installed then a box comes up say it needs to install addonchat.com/404.html which will not install.  Any suggestions?

I would suggest create new thread and move the your post there

#6 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,382 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:35 AM

Read this thread. http://www.dbstalk.c...sues/?p=3174252

Protected By... spam firewall...And...