Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

NFL Red Zone

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Joe Tylman

Joe Tylman

Legend

• Registered
  • 349 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:46 PM

I thought this would be a good article to share for those Red Zone fans out there.

LOS ANGELES – It's late in the fourth quarter and Andrew Siciliano is calling out audibles.

"One and four!" he yells, gesticulating and pointing like Peyton Manning on third and long. "Let's go to six!"

Unlike the Denver Broncos quarterback, the host of DIRECTV's Red Zone Channel is studying eight defenses at once, particularly the three whose opponents have the ball within 20 yards of the end zone near the end of Week 7's slate of early NFL games.

Each of the 12 afternoon games is assigned a number. At this moment, Game 1 (Tampa Bay Bucs at Atlanta Falcons) and Game 4 (Chicago Bears at Washington Redskins) are split on the screen live for viewers. As Mike Glennon and Josh McCown try to muster comebacks for their teams, Siciliano watches as the Detroit Lions' Matthew Stafford heaves a 50-yard pass towards the end zone on third and 18, where Calvin Johnson jumps over three Cincinnati Bengals defenders to catch the ball for a game-tying touchdown. Once that highlight is queued up, the host's mic cuts in as they show the play from Game 6 (Cincinnati-Detroit).

http://www.usatoday....tenden/3173539/

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   trainman

trainman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,482 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:27 PM

Since I have a radio/TV/film degree from college, I would love to be able to be in the Red Zone Channel studio/control room some Sunday.

The opportunity to do that would be a good prize for DirecTV to give to their longtime Los Angeles-based subscribers. Just saying... :)
trainman is Jim Ellwanger

HR34-700 | Linksys WGA-600N | Samsung 46" LCD | Slimline-5 dish

Protected By... spam firewall...And...