Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ABC trying to resurrect "Body of Proof"

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,543 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

Last year ABC thought "Body of Proof" with a 2.0/6 - 11 rating average last year was just not worth keeping. Now that they've cancelled "Lucky 7" with its 0.8/2 - 2.81, and this week "Nashville" had a huge 1.6/4 - 5.52, "Revenge" a 1.5/4 - 6.16 and "Betrayal" a 0.9/2 - 3.51, there seems to be a move to resurrect "Body of Proof" which was produced by ABC Studios.

Now I admit I was puzzled by the cancellation as it was all money going to the Disney empire, but hey, what do I know? Well now we are told:

As Body of Proof’s cast, writers and crew have all moved on following the May cancellation (showrunner Evan Katz is executive producing Fox’s 24: Live Another Day), there is a lot of work to be done to re-assemble a team and bring back star Dana Delany to be able to get the show up and running for midseason.

I'm beginning to think I could sit here at my computer and do a better job of scheduling for some networks than the people wondering around their offices.

When you read what  Nellie Andreeva reports in the article about the California tax credits the studio got for this show....

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,190 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:03 AM

Was beginning to not liking the show as the lead character changed from being generally a nice person to a semi-all-knowing bitch with zero charm.

DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR24-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#3 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 19,381 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:58 AM

Was beginning to not liking the show as the lead character changed from being generally a nice person to a semi-all-knowing bitch with zero charm.

I think you missed the point. Meagan Hunt started the show as a professionally disgraced and personally bitter doctor that was very close to the way you've come to see her.

From IMDB:

Storyline

Having lost her medical license in the aftermath of a family tragedy, Megan Hunt M.D. joined the medical examiners and proved herself a forensic genius. Yet even diplomatic police partner Pete Dunlop can't prevent her arrogant attitude and total disregard for any authority or social norm to cause grave aggravation all around. Still, as long as the perpetrators suffer most, the bulldozer approach pays off on the balance. Written by KGF Vissers

The part that I found odd was that Hunt was so often in high heels doing her investigations (Delaney is 5'7", Ryan is 5'8").
  • makaiguy likes this

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#4 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,523 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

I actually found that she got more "human" as the show progressed, not less.  They wrote the story lines involving digging into her father's suicide and her daughter's kidnapping - deliberately to make us see her as more mufti-dimensional and to see the roots of her cold personality.

And I could NEVER walk in those shoes, let alone wear them all day.  But I greatly enjoyed seeing what outfits and shoes she was wearing each episode.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#5 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,717 posts
  • LocationLancaster, PA area

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:55 PM

I liked "Body Of Proof" although it did get a little odd the last season.  Wouldn't mind seeing it come back on the air.

Can we get BBC America to bring back Copper, too?  ;-)

Edited by n3ntj, 06 November 2013 - 04:09 PM.

HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200 (2), 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV), Cinema Kit (Wifi connection)
Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

#6 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,642 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:43 PM

This Dana Delaney vehicle most likely grew out of an appearance on Castle, where she played an FBI agent. In that episode, she very convincingly proved to ABC once again that she is a formidable talent and could carry her own show. The character was pretty formidable as well. Not a lot of mid-50's actresses get to headline a show for a major network these days, but then most of those who try are not Dana Delaney.

Being a huge fan, I wanted to like BOP, but the rest of the cast was pretty terrible and the scripts were also pretty terrible. They made some additions the next season that improved things a bit, but by then I was no longer interested. I felt that DD was completely wasted in a bush-league show, which is almost tragic seeing as how she has the charisma and chops to be headlining a top show.

Castle is a top show, and IMHO one of the best written character-driven procedurals out there, and consistently so now for many seasons. The combination of the Castle production team and a talent like DD was an obvious match made in heaven, and it seemed that if they fronted a show with her in it and gave it the same level of interest and creative talent that Castle has, that it could be a runaway hit. So, It seems unfortunate that DD was saddled with an inferior product. It is really too bad that the producers of Castle or someone of that level of talent could not have produced BOP.

BTW, that is one of the worst titles for a show I can think of. They may think each word has a double meaning and therefore is significant, but it really means nothing at all, and is just lame.

It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

#7 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,642 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:49 PM

Oh, OK. I just got the joke in the thread title. Good one.

It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...