Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

American Horror Story Playback Glitch

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   shendley

shendley

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:50 PM

I recorded the latest episode of American Horror Story: Coven Wednesday at 9 central. But when we watched it tonight, the DVR (HR 44) stopped the playback and gave the option to keep or delete the recording with the buffer still showing about 6 minutes left on the recording. I tried resuming the recording there, quickly skipping back a couple of times and then both skipping forward and fast forwarding. Neither strategy worked to get past the original point at which the DVR stopped the playback. Anyone seen anything like this before?

Also, to make matters worse, AMC isn't rebroadcasting this episode until next Wednesday, so we have to wait a week to see how the episode ends!

AU9, SWM8
Panasonic TH-58PX60U, HDMI to HR44-100, Native, DD, HDMI to Pioneer VSX-1123-k Receiver, Harmony One, Networked with Ethernet Cable, 35/4 Mbps DSL.
Panasonic TH-42PD50U, Component to HR 24-100, Antec MX-1 w. WD10EVDS ESata, Native, DD, DTV Remote.
Panasonic TC-L32X2, HDMI to C41-100, DTV Remote.
Whole Home.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,963 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

This has been reported widely over at the DirecTV forums

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#3 OFFLINE   shendley

shendley

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

Which forum are you referring to? I checked the Directv Programming and the Directv General Discussion forum and didn't see any thread titles referring to American Horror Story.

This has been reported widely over at the DirecTV forums

AU9, SWM8
Panasonic TH-58PX60U, HDMI to HR44-100, Native, DD, HDMI to Pioneer VSX-1123-k Receiver, Harmony One, Networked with Ethernet Cable, 35/4 Mbps DSL.
Panasonic TH-42PD50U, Component to HR 24-100, Antec MX-1 w. WD10EVDS ESata, Native, DD, DTV Remote.
Whole Home.

#4 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:12 PM

look under "recent activity"

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#5 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:20 PM

http://forums.direct...thread/11253638

http://forums.direct...thread/11253635

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#6 OFFLINE   shendley

shendley

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

Thanks for the clarification. And it happened again, this time with a VOD I recorded (an episode of Dexter). It won't let me get past 28 minutes of a 55 minute recording. There's no suggestions as to how to fix this on the directv forums you gave me a link to. Anyone here have any ideas?

AU9, SWM8
Whole Home.

#7 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:04 PM

There has been also reports on issues with Dexter and IIRC, it has to do with one episode, not all of them

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#8 OFFLINE   shendley

shendley

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:33 PM

That's good news, I guess, if it's isolated to a few specific episodes of shows. But I recorded the same episode of Dexter (it's from Season 2, "There's Something About Harry") that I had the problem with on my HR24 tonight, and it appears to be problem free. Seems like it's something going on with the HR44.

There has been also reports on issues with Dexter and IIRC, it has to do with one episode, not all of them

AU9, SWM8
Whole Home.

#9 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,784 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:26 PM

I've watched all episodes of American Horror Story to date from the DVR and this did not happen here.  Perhaps there was a signal issue on your end?

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Ovation, Reelz , Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---
HR24-200
H24-200

Protected By... spam firewall...And...