Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR44 on 0x0744 freezes watching recorded shows

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bpratt

bpratt

Godfather

• Registered
  • 573 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, Utah

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:28 AM

I received 0x0744 on 10/9/13, on my HR44-500.  Since then I have one problem that has occurred many times.  While viewing a recorded show, the picture and sound freeze almost like someone hit pause, but no status bar at the bottom.  Hitting any button has no effect, but it does get queued up.  The picture and the sound stop for about 30 seconds and then start again.  If I hit any buttons on the remote while it is stopped, they will be remembered and acted upon at the end of the 30 seconds.

I only had my HR44 for a short time before 744 was loaded, but I never had this problem on 740 or 741.  This problem is very intermittent and only occurs about once in 8 hours of viewing.  Anyone else having this problem? 

HR10-250   550G WD  6.4a
HR21-700   750G WD x087f AM21
HR21-700 2000G WD x087f AM21
HR44-500 2000G WD x0870
DirecTV since 1997

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,120 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:52 AM

Yes, this is an issue that has been reported many, many times.  Most usually, it occurs during MRVing.

For me, I hit the 6 sec rewind button as soon as the freezing starts, and it works perfectly to start back where it originally froze and play through without issue.  This is the small backwards pointing arrow.

It will freeze again, but I just use the 6 sec rewind button each time and it makes it as smooth as it is going to get until they fix this.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#3 OFFLINE   docj

docj

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:34 PM

I've also found that stop and resume work fine; the show resumes right where the freeze began, some pixelation is usually evident while it is playing.

#4 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,529 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:56 AM

Since my HR34-700 received 0x0744 I've experienced multiple freeze ups while watching live TV. 

DirecTV customer since 1995.

spam firewall