Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Series recording issue on my HR44

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   RocketFoot

RocketFoot

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:27 PM

My wife likes to watch the Today Show in the afternoon.  We set up a series recording schedule for the 2pm show but the Genie records the earlier 10am Today Show which is different!  Is there any tips to getting it to record only the time slot she wants?  I could understand if recorded both shows but it only records the earlier show.

DirecTV Entertainment Package with HR44-500 Genie, Two C41-100 Mini Genies & One C31-700 Mini Genie

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,123 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:32 PM

You can do a manual recording for the channel at 2pm.

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#3 OFFLINE   RocketFoot

RocketFoot

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:34 PM

No one is home at 2pm to hit the record button...we both work all day.

DirecTV Entertainment Package with HR44-500 Genie, Two C41-100 Mini Genies & One C31-700 Mini Genie

#4 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,123 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:42 PM

lol No, not manually hit it. Set up a manual recording in the recording settings menu.

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#5 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,535 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:03 PM

Also check that when she set it up, she chose "reruns" or "both" instead of "first run".

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#6 OFFLINE   RocketFoot

RocketFoot

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

lol No, not manually hit it. Set up a manual recording in the recording settings menu.

LOL!  Yes, but wouldn't we have to set it every day?  I guess recording all shows would be the best answer...she will just have to delete the AM show every night when she watches it.

#7 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,123 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:40 PM

LOL!  Yes, but wouldn't we have to set it every day?  I guess recording all shows would be the best answer...she will just have to delete the AM show every night when she watches it.

No, you can set it to record everyday at 2pm in the settings. Goto Menu, Recordings, Manage Recordings, Manual Recordings ... and set it up.

#8 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,535 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

A manual recording in this instance simply means setting the time and channel manually.  It will still set it up like a series link, but based on channel and time instead of name of show.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#9 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,300 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

Actually, this seems like the best solution. Both shows should be included in one folder, and thus can be deleted at the same time. And if the show gets moved, suspended, etc., you're more likely to pick it up.

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#10 OFFLINE   RocketFoot

RocketFoot

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:57 AM

Actually, this seems like the best solution. Both shows should be included in one folder, and thus can be deleted at the same time. And if the show gets moved, suspended, etc., you're more likely to pick it up.

OK, I set a manual recording series for 2pm mon-fri...we'll see how that goes and if it has any trouble, I'll just let the series recording record everything and she can sort it out, LOL!  Thanks for the help, guys!  This is my first week with DirecTV...oddly, our hated Comcast DVR had no issues recording just her 2pm show as a series???

Protected By... spam firewall...And...