Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

transfer recordings from hr24 to hr44

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   firemantom26

firemantom26

Mentor

• Registered
  • 119 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:24 AM

Can you transfer recordings from hr24 to hr44?

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,244 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:10 AM

Nope.

#3 OFFLINE   firemantom26

firemantom26

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 119 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:29 AM

Thank You

#4 OFFLINE   Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:01 AM

If you don't have any problems with the HR24 and are upgrading to the Genie for the sake of an upgrade, one suggestion is to keep the HR24 for an additional month or two.  Stop recording anything to the HR24 (manually copy all of your series links to the HR44 and then delete them from the HR24).  Then watch whatever programming you need to watch from the HR24 until it is empty.  At that point, you can cancel and return the HR24.  This methodology would cost you $6 per month, until the HR24 is empty.

#5 OFFLINE   firemantom26

firemantom26

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 119 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

If you don't have any problems with the HR24 and are upgrading to the Genie for the sake of an upgrade, one suggestion is to keep the HR24 for an additional month or two.  Stop recording anything to the HR24 (manually copy all of your series links to the HR44 and then delete them from the HR24).  Then watch whatever programming you need to watch from the HR24 until it is empty.  At that point, you can cancel and return the HR24.  This methodology would cost you $6 per month, until the HR24 is empty

How do you manually transfer from my HR24 to my HR44 Genie?

#6 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,576 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

You don't. One doesn't. Not possible. 

Now, with whole home service, you can watch a program recorded one one unit via another hooked to your TV. But that is a separate service for which there's a monthly charge and perhaps installation fee. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#7 OFFLINE   DB Stalker

DB Stalker

Legend

• Registered
  • 131 posts
  • LocationTooele, UT

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

You manually transfer them. Meaning one by one with the remote. Find it and tell it to record. There aren't any copy/paste type of options.
How many TVs do you have set up with DirecTV?

#)

#)

#8 OFFLINE   Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:38 PM

How do you manually transfer from my HR24 to my HR44 Genie?

I think that you misunderstood what I was saying.  I wasn't saying that you could copy the recorded content from the HR24 to the HR44.  I was suggesting that you bring up the Series Manager screen on your HR24 and write it down somewhere.  Then, using that list, setup identical series links on the HR44.  Then go back and remove all of the series links from the HR24.  This way, all of your new recording will be done on the HR44 instead of the HR24.  Then, you can watch all of the programs recorded on the HR24, without new stuff being recorded on that machine.  This way, you're not shooting at a moving target as you attempt to deplete the HR24.

spam firewall