Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

922 Making an Annoying Noise Through Audio

Best Answer Rduce , 07 November 2013 - 12:09 PM

Thank's Mike H, but the next morning it became clear she was dying and I contacted tech support by phone and now have my fifth unit since last February sitting on the shelf, this was built in India instead of China so hopefully it will last a little longer than most of the others... 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Rduce

Rduce

Legend

• Registered
  • 324 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:40 AM

This has happen twice, once a few months ago and then again last night. I turn to, in this case my local Fox station, I do not recall which channel I turned to the first time it happen, and in the back ground of the audio is an annoying whistling sound that is constant. It stayed if I turned the receiver off and back on, switched channels, and I even tried replacing my HDMI cabling to the television. The receiver is connected directly to the tv. The only thing that stopped it was a reboot. Anyone ever have this happen or have an idea of what might be the cause? The tv is a 3 year old Sony and with a recent SW update so I am wondering if that has anything to do with it.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,875 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:10 PM

I haven't heard this on mine...  I'm connected to a Sony A/V receiver and then to a Samsung HDTV.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#3 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 301 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:05 AM

This has happen twice, once a few months ago and then again last night. I turn to, in this case my local Fox station, I do not recall which channel I turned to the first time it happen, and in the back ground of the audio is an annoying whistling sound that is constant. It stayed if I turned the receiver off and back on, switched channels, and I even tried replacing my HDMI cabling to the television. The receiver is connected directly to the tv. The only thing that stopped it was a reboot. Anyone ever have this happen or have an idea of what might be the cause? The tv is a 3 year old Sony and with a recent SW update so I am wondering if that has anything to do with it.

Rduce,

I know this can be frustrating and I am happy to help you. Would you PM me with the phone number on the account?

Thanks

#4 OFFLINE   Rduce

Rduce

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 324 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:09 PM   Best Answer

Thank's Mike H, but the next morning it became clear she was dying and I contacted tech support by phone and now have my fifth unit since last February sitting on the shelf, this was built in India instead of China so hopefully it will last a little longer than most of the others... 

#5 OFFLINE   gov

gov

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:45 PM

Yoiks!

Well, you've eliminated the problem.  Interesting in how it gave a heads up the end was near.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...