Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Audio Drop-Outs only on Primetime....??

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   lwien

lwien

Mentor

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:47 AM

Ok, this is weird. Don't know if this has been asked before, but here it is.

I get intermittent audio dropouts when viewing recorded material from PrimeTime. The audio drop-outs are not recorded in that I can rewind and the dropout disappears.

These dropouts do not occur when I'm watching live TV, nor do they occur on any other recordings. It only happens on recordings from Primetime.

Thoughts?

Edit:  I goggled this issue and found someone else kinda asking the same question and a Dish tech/rep asked if this only happened on PrimeTime or if it happens on all recordings.   While the poster replied that it happened on all recordings, including live TV, I found it interesting that the tech would ask specifically if this happened only on Primetime which leads me to believe that this is a known issue?

Edited by lwien, 31 October 2013 - 12:09 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   thomasjk

thomasjk

Legend

• Registered
  • 342 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:15 PM

Audio cutting out when using digital optical output is a known Hopper issue. It may only apply to the HWS.

Edited by thomasjk, 31 October 2013 - 01:15 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   lwien

lwien

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:34 PM

Not using digital optical outs.   Only going through HDMI.    I am aware of the optical digital out issue but this is different.

Audio cutting out when using digital optical output is a known Hopper issue. It may only apply to the HWS.

Edited by lwien, 31 October 2013 - 01:42 PM.

spam firewall