Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34 replaced with HR44

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   topgun80

topgun80

AllStar

• Registered
  • 103 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:43 AM

Just got my screwed up HR34 replaced with an HR44. All I can sat is WOW, what a difference.You guys claiming that there isn't that much difference, well I'm not trying to start another argument, but you are just wrong.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,504 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:09 AM

I think it can be very subjective. I have users here that complain when it takes 30 seconds for their computer to boot up from cold "It's slow, it needs to be FAST", others that are amazed at the speed, the same times.

It also is a function of what you do. Things like scrolling through the guide is very noticable, but not an insignificant number of people probably rarely even goes into it, let alone scrolls through.

#3 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,068 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:04 AM

Yeah, it all depends on what you are doing.  Some things are much faster and other things are only just a bit faster.  I did a speed comparison for the HR44-500 first look between an HR34 and an HR44-500 and some things were a LOT faster while others weren't that much faster.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#4 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:56 AM

Of course you also said you just got your screwed up HR34 replaced....what was screwed up with it?  If it was the HDD, it would be slower than a 44, and probably much slower....you cant compare a screwed up device to a working device performance wise.

• damondlt likes this

#5 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,390 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:51 AM

you cant compare a screwed up device to a working device performance wise.

+1

#6 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,307 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:06 PM

Of course you also said you just got your screwed up HR34 replaced....what was screwed up with it?  If it was the HDD, it would be slower than a 44, and probably much slower....you cant compare a screwed up device to a working device performance wise.

Well, you won't, nor will most others.... but a small handful of guys do just that, with glee! Ad nauseum! Small handful? About three, I reckon. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#7 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,504 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:06 PM

Good point since on a DVR even the guide data is on the hard drive.

#8 OFFLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:12 AM

Yea I was thinking the same thing.

Blue Ridge Communticatons

HD Basic Plus, HBO, Cinemax,Starz /Encore

Tivo T6 (Roamio Plus) Livingroom Samsung 6030,55 inch

Tivo T6 (Roamio Plus) Master Bedroom,Samsung 5300 40 inch

Tivo Mini Bedroom 2

Tivo Mini Bedroom 3

Cisco HD ,Bedroom office 4

Basic Plus analog Bedroom 5 and 6

G15 Internet

Protected By... spam firewall...And...