Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Where did METV in Dallas go?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   RBA

RBA

Godfather

• Registered
  • 340 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:04 PM

Ch 47 tells me they didn't renew their contract to show probably the most popular OLDIES TV CHANNEL.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,961 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:16 PM

Lists Dragnet right now, but currently showing Fantasy Island via DirecTV right now.

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#3 ONLINE   RBA

RBA

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 340 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:40 PM

47-4 that is actually ME is blank and 47-1 is showing non METV programming.

#4 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,961 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:56 PM

http://www.broadcast..._With_Me_TV.php

KTXD Dallas has not renewed its contract with the vintage programming network Me-TV, becoming what it calls a "true independent station." The London Broadcasting station features a lineup of local shows that includes The Texas Daily, The Broadcast, Lone Star Roads and DFW Sports Beat.

"KTXD will be a true, independent station and can call its own shots on what we air," said KTXD VP/General Manager Brian Joyce. "Our audiences want more. Our advertisers want more. And with an expansion of our original local programs to additional stations throughout Texas, we'll now have the flexibility to give them what they're asking for."

KTXD airs more than five hours of local programming per weekday. Last month, some of KTXD's local programs debuted across a Texas network of London-owned stations, including ones in Waco and Abilene. Syndicated shows include Married With Children, All In the Family and I Dream of Jeannie, which KTXD says are "in higher demand than what Me-TV was providing."

Me-TV did not comment at presstime.

The station will also carry a Dallas Cowboys-Chicago Bears game Dec 9.

"We are excited to watch everything fall into place with our most recent moves to near statewide broadcasting and independence," Joyce said. "We want to thank our great viewers who are loyal and excited about what we're doing, and our advertisers for demanding more from us and helping us grow."

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#5 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:20 PM

• KDAF Channel 33.2

#6 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,908 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:37 PM

I wish my local NBC would get rid of it. They threw primetime programming over to it last night.

#7 ONLINE   RBA

RBA

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 340 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:37 PM

I know 2 families that won't be watching their advertisers or their crappy programming.

#8 ONLINE   RBA

RBA

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 340 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:22 PM

According to METV AT&T U-verse in Dallas will start broadcasting METV on CH 136 Nov. 8th.

Edited by RBA, 04 November 2013 - 11:23 PM.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...