Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34 goes blank - then goes nuts

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   SomeRandomIdiot

SomeRandomIdiot

Godfather

• Registered
  • 559 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:27 AM

I wish I had a better description but I am bumfuzzled by this. NR/0x744

Was watching Live programming on HR34 at 1:44AM ET (16 minutes prior to clock reset an hour) and the screen/audio goes blank.

Hit volume on TV.....screen display - its not the TV gone out.

Hit D* Remote, Channel Up, Channel Down, Setup, Menu....nothing.

Wait a few minutes, still nothing.

Reset by using the red button @ access card.

Normal looking reboot.

Comes back up with live TV. However, when I go to recorded programs, it says no recorded programs and 100% free.

I go to menu - but instead of all the options, all I get are My Directv and Startup Menu - none of the normal menu items like Search & Browse, Recordings, Extras and Setting/Help. I've seen this happen when there is an issue with the Dish connection. But I am getting live TV.

Go to Startup Menu / Whole Home. It does not see the networked units.

Go to Signal Strength. It cannot get a signal on any Satellite on any Tuner - Even 101 Transponder #1, yet I am watching live TV.

Reboot again - this time pulling the plug and leaving it out 60 seconds.

Reboot normal.

Same issues.

System Test shows no issues.

Then after about 10 minutes I get a signal on the signal meter. No normal menu or anything else - and no programs.

About 5 minutes later I get a normal menu.....and of course the programs all come back.

I have seen this once before where the programs disappear for a few minutes, so that didn't freak me out.....but I am wondering wtf happened.

Edited by SomeRandomIdiot, 03 November 2013 - 12:30 AM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,989 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:57 AM

I have seen that as well. It seems it is busy doing other things for a while when it reboots sometimes and doesn't bother building the info for the client part of the genie.

spam firewall