Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Switching To A Less Expensive Plan

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jim148

Jim148

Godfather

• Registered
  • 319 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:35 PM

I need to switch to a less expensive plan on DISH.  Will they still charge me $5.00 just to lower my service?  Is there any way to get them to waive that fee?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:03 PM

No fee once every 30 days I believe is the policy.

#3 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,499 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:53 AM

Even if they don't waive the fee... if you are dropping to save money, then paying the $5 is probably still cheaper than paying for the price of whatever you are dropping going forward, right?

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#4 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,502 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:35 AM

"A programming change fee of $5 is applied when you remove services within 30 days of adding them (waived for new customers in their first 60 days of service)."

"A programming change fee of $20 is applied when you remove Adult services within 30 days of adding them (waived for new customers in their first 60 days of service)."
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#5 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 298 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:36 AM

I need to switch to a less expensive plan on DISH.  Will they still charge me $5.00 just to lower my service?  Is there any way to get them to waive that fee?

Jim148,

I am more than happy to help you with your program request today! Would you please PM me with the phone number on the account to better assist you?

Thanks

#6 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:52 PM

Related question.....

If you have recurring credits not directly tied to your current programming package and choose to downgrade, what (if anything) happens to those credits?

Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#7 OFFLINE   CeeWoo

CeeWoo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 336 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:32 PM

Related question.....

If you have recurring credits not directly tied to your current programming package and choose to downgrade, what (if anything) happens to those credits?

I can't speak directly to downgrading & keeping credits...but proceed with caution.  I was looking to upgrade service a few months back and emailed CS to make sure I wouldn't lose my credits.  They said 'no.  credits would remain in place' so I stepped up my programming.  Well, low & behold next billing period my credits were gone.  Had I not saved the email reply from them, I probably would have been sunk.  And as it was it took probably 10 or 15 email exchanges before I got them back.  And even with that email from them stating I would not lose the credits, I finally had to email the CEO's office to get them back

#8 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 298 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:47 PM

CeeWoo,

I know it can be frustrating when this happens and if you have any DISH questions, either billing or equipment, please PM me with the phone number to better assist you!

Thanks

#9 OFFLINE   CeeWoo

CeeWoo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 336 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:41 PM

CeeWoo,

I know it can be frustrating when this happens and if you have any DISH questions, either billing or equipment, please PM me with the phone number to better assist you!

Thanks

Thanks-after all this happened, I decided not to change my programming at all (including premiums, upgrading or downgrading) until the credits are gone LOL

#10 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:05 PM

And even with that email from them stating I would not lose the credits, I finally had to email the CEO's office to get them back

Yeah, see, I'm not seeing Dish as particularly trustworthy right now.  They've been pulling some things on me I really don't care for and I'm at a point where I definitely won't be recommending them to anyone.

#11 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 298 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:23 PM

SayWhat?

I understand you have concerns and I am more than happy to address them today. Would you PM me with the phone number on the account to better help you?

Thanks

#12 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:18 PM

I really don't see where there's much that can be done. As a result of an apparent technical system glitch, I've lost about half of my channels, so I'm down to about 4 or 5 channels I watch with any frequency.  One that I watched a lot recently changed their programming (not a Dish issue), so that one's out.  I've looked at going to a lower package, but I would lose at least one of the 4 or 5 I watch.  If I drop to AT120 or even AT120+, I'd be paying that package price for about 3 or 4 channels.  If I drop below that, I lose the CD channels which is where I spend as much time as anything else, plus I'd have to add something like the Heartland Package.  And, I would seemingly be at risk of losing the DVR Fee credits and the courtesy credits for discontinuance of Annual Billing.

It seems the only way to deal with the glitch would be to replace the 512 which would mean losing any recordings stored since I've been told there's no way to transfer them.  I've also been told the EHD function is not available on this box.

If I drop to Pause, I apparently lose access to any recordings.

I just need to hurry up and copy those recordings to a capture device so I can disconnect service I guess.

Fifteen years or more and it seems my only winning move is not to play (courtesy of Joshua from Wargames).

#13 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 298 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:27 PM

SayWhat?

To fully assist you, would you provide me the phone number on the account in a PM? I will check all options available for you.

Thanks

spam firewall