Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

blurry football game today

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   keithmerr

keithmerr

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:51 PM

has anyone else noticed that the Pit/Patriot game is extremely soft today?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,840 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:01 PM

Crystal clear, here. DirecTV via LiL CBS 11 KTVT.

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#3 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,606 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:23 PM

Just tuned into recording, find that SD-Wash are in OT. But the picture is soft on this one, some angles are waaaay bad, suggesting a poor lens on top of over-compression. It's CBS KOVR out of Sacto.

Now starting the Steelers-Pats, and it is a bit soft, but better than the previous game. Color tones, contrast are all right, but it's not a great picture.

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#4 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,390 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:50 PM

No issues on KYW in Philly. 

DirecTV customer since 1996

#5 OFFLINE   Michael Hilley

Michael Hilley

Legend

• Registered
  • 186 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:32 AM

It was.

Didn't watch in its entirety, but switched back/forth to it over the course of the game.

The worst picture on a game that I've seen in awhile, none of the other (non PIT/NE) televised games were affected.

I attribute the problem to the source... feed from the game to the uplink center, because I got/checked the game on local OTA, LIL, and DNS, and it was the same on all 3... checked to see if I could get a clear feed.

Also, I'm an always-on CC guy, and the text was crystal clear simultaneously with the bad picture so it wasn't the broadcast to dish/set.

Edit: Now that I think about it, the CC is a data stream (non-video) that wouldn't be affected... never mind... but the picture did suck.

Edited by Michael Hilley, 04 November 2013 - 10:35 AM.

#6 OFFLINE   ep1974

ep1974

Legend

• Registered
  • 384 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:43 AM

I noticed the same thing.

#7 OFFLINE   lokar

lokar

Icon

• Registered
  • 658 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:04 AM

Watching on Sunday Ticket, the SD/Wash game looked like one of the main cameras was SD, picture seemed clearer in the first and third quarters than in the second and fourth.  Unfortunately the end result of the game was quite clear.  ^&*%^^ Chargers!

Edited by lokar, 04 November 2013 - 11:05 AM.

#8 OFFLINE   George_T

George_T

Legend

• Registered
  • 280 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:57 PM

I don't know if the Pitt/NE game feed was soft or not.  However, what I do know is that Pittsburgh defense was VERY soft... :grin:  As a long-suffering Browns' fan, that was nice to see. 

#9 OFFLINE   paco1986

paco1986

Icon

• Registered
  • 574 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:29 PM

Just tuned into recording, find that SD-Wash are in OT. But the picture is soft on this one, some angles are waaaay bad, suggesting a poor lens on top of over-compression. It's CBS KOVR out of Sacto.

The PQ was also horrible on KFMB in San Diego. And the end result of the game was even worse :(

#10 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,606 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:21 PM

Not as bad as the Packers' ending, not just losing the game, but losing Rogers for an unknown period. (fracture to collarbone). The latter worse than that loss.

And Tampa failed to squelch the Shehawks. I cannot wait for their visit to the Stick! Bring it on! 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

spam firewall