Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Flying UAV - Chimney Rock National Monument

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,147 posts
  • LocationTraveling the USA

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:07 PM

Another of my recent flights....Chimney Rock National Monument 

Chimney Rock National Historic Site located in Nebraska.  It is one of the main landmarks that travelers used when heading west across the vast open plains.  

Video take from an X650 Quadcoptor using a GoPro2 camera.  Flight was done via FPV (First Person View) from the parking lot at the edge of the hiking trail.  Flight reached 3,00 out feet away from the take off point with a max altitude at 372 feet.  

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Founder - AVSForum.comTiVoCommunity.com, Home Theater Cruise, LLC, DBNet Consulting, LLC, 

Board of Advisers - Prelaunch.com

Connecting to Over 5 Million Unique Enthusiasts a Month

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:33 PM

Wow.

Just like having our own Aerial America show here on DBSTalk.

Thanks.

#3 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,946 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:22 PM

Wow amazing....beautiful...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#4 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Administrators
  • 2,147 posts
  • LocationTraveling the USA

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:29 PM

Flying With Friends in Cherry Creek Start Park, CO.  This was a great time over two days.  I was able to meet Alex from Canada who has been following us for about a year.  He was kind enough to reach out and asked where we would be as he wanted to catch us on the road and fly together.  Well, he caught up to us and we got to fly!  Alex builds his own quadcoptors from scratch, and also is a champion glider pilot.   

I also met a new friend, Steve, who was one of the members of the flying club their at Cherry Creek State Park,  He had a Blade 350 quad that he buzzed around with.  Nice little quad.  

All in all, hope you enjoy this video as much as I enjoyed making it.  

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Founder - AVSForum.comTiVoCommunity.com, Home Theater Cruise, LLC, DBNet Consulting, LLC, 

Board of Advisers - Prelaunch.com

Connecting to Over 5 Million Unique Enthusiasts a Month

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged.

#5 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,823 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:55 AM

Great videos!  Continuing my lust for a new quad and some National Park trips!

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#6 OFFLINE   Cholly

Cholly

Old Guys Rule!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,479 posts
  • LocationIndian Trail, NC

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:36 AM

Marvelous, David! I envy you and your wife in your new life!

Charlie
--------------------

Family Room: Samsung UN60F7100 60" LED 3D TV; Samsung  BD-H5900 3D Blu-Ray DVD player; Yamaha RX-V663 AVR. Paradigm speakers - Focus fronts, CC170 center, PDR-8 subwoofer, Atom surrounds, ADP rear center; TiVo Roamio Plus DVR, Toshiba HD-A3 HD DVD player.
Bedroom: Vizio 42" 3D TV, Pioneer VSX-521-K AVR, Panasonic 3D DVD player, Energy Take Classic 5.1 speakers, Roku 2 XD, TiVo Premiere, Insignia HD radio tuner, Toshiba HD DVD player

#7 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,166 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:17 PM

That thing looks almost manmade.  I do enjoy these little trips!  Thanx.

Rich

#8 OFFLINE   Cholly

Cholly

Old Guys Rule!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,479 posts
  • LocationIndian Trail, NC

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:44 AM

David: My younger son sent me a link to a video done by Deploy Aerial Media of Hong Kong. I thought this would be of interest to you and to DBSTalk members.

I would have taken the liberty of posting a comment to them, along with a link to your Badlands video on YouTube, but it requires that I first join vimeo.

Charlie
--------------------

Family Room: Samsung UN60F7100 60" LED 3D TV; Samsung  BD-H5900 3D Blu-Ray DVD player; Yamaha RX-V663 AVR. Paradigm speakers - Focus fronts, CC170 center, PDR-8 subwoofer, Atom surrounds, ADP rear center; TiVo Roamio Plus DVR, Toshiba HD-A3 HD DVD player.
Bedroom: Vizio 42" 3D TV, Pioneer VSX-521-K AVR, Panasonic 3D DVD player, Energy Take Classic 5.1 speakers, Roku 2 XD, TiVo Premiere, Insignia HD radio tuner, Toshiba HD DVD player

Protected By... spam firewall...And...