Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Mentalist shows rerun.

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   cj9788

cj9788

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:49 PM

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:04 PM

My 722 had it correct on Nov 5th. Are yalls dish boxes still incorrect?

Mine updated last night, all set to go....

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:58 PM

Sunday? I'm 10 eps behind! I'm really afraid FlipBoard or someone else will blab the Red John info months before I get there.

It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

#23 OFFLINE   Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 511 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:53 AM

This is crazy! There have been over 20 posts about how the episode was preempted at the last minute. Discussions going on here long after there was no point to them, and NOW, that the episode was actually shown, there is nothing--no discussion--NOT A SINGLE POST.

discussion groups confuse me greatly some times.confused.gif

Edited by Church AV Guy, 11 November 2013 - 01:54 AM.

Luke

Sagaciously eschew obfuscating sesquipedalianisms.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.--from Joan of Arcadia

#24 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:16 AM

This is crazy! There have been over 20 posts about how the episode was preempted at the last minute. Discussions going on here long after there was no point to them, and NOW, that the episode was actually shown, there is nothing--no discussion--NOT A SINGLE POST.

I love The Mentalist, but until we find out who is Red John, there is as far as I am concern nothing to discuss. I still have my own pick as to who Red John is and it is not one of the final three.

Edited by yosoyellobo, 11 November 2013 - 07:17 AM.

#25 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:32 PM

Well, now there are three (new posts).

It's an interesting DVR test; I was going to delete last week's ep but did not get to it in time. Luckilly, since I changed the SL to "both" I still got last night's.

I guess this implies that the 28-day rule does not apply here, or maybe it does not apply because I changed to "both" after the last recording. Regardless, I have two eps with the same title, one from last night, and one from last week.

Edited by TomCat, 11 November 2013 - 01:33 PM.

It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

#26 OFFLINE   Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 511 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:38 PM

I love The Mentalist, but until we find out who is Red John, there is as far as I am concern nothing to discuss. I still have my own pick as to who Red John is and it is not one of the final three.

I have to admit, of the five, he eliminated my two top picks.  I THOUGHT it was likely to be Brett Partridge, but they say he is dead.  I don't remember them ever recovering his body.  Yes, Lisbon had some of his blood on her, but the missing body sounds like a misdirect to me.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.--from Joan of Arcadia

#27 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,464 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:53 PM

I'm wondering if it is all three with the tatoos?  Maybe Red John is not one person.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#28 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,705 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:04 PM

Well, now there are three (new posts).

It's an interesting DVR test; I was going to delete last week's ep but did not get to it in time. Luckilly, since I changed the SL to "both" I still got last night's.

I guess this implies that the 28-day rule does not apply here, or maybe it does not apply because I changed to "both" after the last recording. Regardless, I have two eps with the same title, one from last night, and one from last week.

My series is set to First Run and it recorded the episode last night. I will watch it tonight.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#29 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:26 PM

I'm wondering if it is all three with the tatoos? Maybe Red John is not one person.

Could be all three are involve but are not Red John. I have always wonder what would be the motivation of Red Fox toward what he did to Jane family. To me it has to something very personal. The one person I have always lean to is his father which I believe has only been in one episode. Even if I am wrong they will still have to explain the hate that Red John has for Jane. As I said before I love the show and will keep watching it after Red John is gone.

Edited by yosoyellobo, 11 November 2013 - 02:27 PM.

#30 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,523 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:46 PM

This is crazy! There have been over 20 posts about how the episode was preempted at the last minute. Discussions going on here long after there was no point to them, and NOW, that the episode was actually shown, there is nothing--no discussion--NOT A SINGLE POST.

Actually, this is not the thread in which we should be talking about the details of the episode. The TV Show Talk Forum rules say (in part):

Official Episode Threads:

When starting a discussion about a specific show episode, please put the air date and name of the program (and title if you know it) in the subject line. (ie: Lost: “Man of Science, Man of Faith,” OAD 11/16/09.)

This will be the “official” thread for that week. If a thread contains the phrase "OAD" and a date in it, anything that aired in that episode is fair game, including potential spoilers.

In the case of a reality/competition show, the official thread can and will contain information about who was "voted off." Be forewarned, if you don't want to know who leaves, don't read the thread.

Because of time zone issues, it may be best to avoid these threads while the show is airing if you wish to remain "unspoiled."

So we have to be careful what we say here.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#31 OFFLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,018 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:14 AM

Then, after it DID air, there were no comments at all.

What phrelin meant is that this thread was specific to the episodes position on the calendar. If you want to discuss the nuance of the episode, that should be taken up in the tv talk forum under **spoiler alerts**.

And there all ready may be a discussion under way if you search it out. Or if not you can start your own.

I vote this thread has run its course and can be closed.

#32 OFFLINE   Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 511 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:13 PM

What phrelin meant is that this thread was specific to the episodes position on the calendar. If you want to discuss the nuance of the episode, that should be taken up in the tv talk forum under **spoiler alerts**.

And there all ready may be a discussion under way if you search it out. Or if not you can start your own.

I vote this thread has run its course and can be closed.

By golly, you're right!  I didn't read the thread title properly at all.  It specifically says: "The Mentalist shows rerun" so that is really all that should be discussed in it.  My bad.

Apologies.

Luke

Protected By... spam firewall...And...