Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Another MLB Extra Innings season coming soon

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 04:30 PM

Hello With February clicking right along and Spring Training not to far away, soon will come the start of another baseball season. I am just wondering if the Extra Innings package will make some changes this year. Here is what I would like to happen. I have been a Extra Innings Subscriber ever since I have had Direc Tv. But I have noticed that sometimes Games are not available to the package if it's on a teams local station (Not a Fox Sports Net) and both teams playing are not on there local RSN. Here is what I've been hoping for. I am hoping that MLB will allow every game to be seen. It is so frustrating to search for a game when you know one is going on only to not be able to tune in to it. What can be done to get every game available? Will e-mails to Direc Tv help or to MLB? Also I've noticed when Fox starts there game of the week on Saturday afternoons usually around Memorial Day Weekend they aren't available on the Extra Innings Package. Fans are forced to settle for the game televised only on there Local Fox Affiliate for that Saturday. Will MLB and Extra Innings and Direc Tv Ever get it right for the fans?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 04:54 PM

I know what ya mean Msguy when I first subbed to the pak back in 95-96 OTA feeds were included and it was PERFECT I mean every game for every team was covered. Then it began to change gradually until we are where we're at with no OTA feeds at all its been this way since 97 I think. I think this and the FOX Exclusive Saturdays are as a result of MLB and various TV contracts. D* has got nothing to do with it. I place the blame with Bud and the boys. Im not sure how it is on cable or in Canada or MLB.tv though. Maybe a cable, BV and MLB.tv sub can chime in on how their pak works.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#3 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 05:00 PM

DCSholtis Yes you hit the nail right on the head. The Over The Air games not available on any Local RSN Anywhere. I wish they'd include O.T.A. Games in the package. NBA O.T.A. games are on the NBA League Pass I know it's different leauge and different rules but I wish these games would be included in EI.

#4 OFFLINE   Bogy

Bogy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,229 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 05:02 PM

What a happy thought. :) Baseball season is right around the corner. See, I have all this spare time on my hands between football season and baseball season. I just don't get into hockey, or basketball on tv.

And that means I have another decision to make. Do I spend the money on Extra Innings or not this year? I resonate with Msguy. I'm a St. Louis Cardinals fan, now living in Omaha. Between Omaha and St. Louis is Kansas City, and for some **** reason someone thinks that if the Cardinals and the scumbags in KC are playing at the same time I would rather see the scumbags. :( (No offense to anyone who happens to be a fan of the Royals. Perhaps this summer I will become a fan of the Omaha Royals. I'd love to start going to games again. Have to see how my leg does.)

Anyway, each year I have to consider whether they are going to televise enough more games to make it worthwhile to subscribe rather than just watch what gets televised anyway. So far I have broken down and paid up, and I probably will again, especially since I'll probably spend a chunk of the summer recuperating again. Besides, I need to keep up on things. For my birthday last Sunday my big present is coming this summer when my family takes me to a Cardinals game. WooHooo. Go Cards. :lol:

#5 OFFLINE   Bogy

Bogy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,229 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 05:05 PM

BTW, I get Extra Innings on cable, used to get them on DirecTV. Works pretty much the same.

#6 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,355 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 12 February 2004 - 05:21 PM

"****" ??? Bogy, watch your lanquage! :D

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#7 OFFLINE   Bogy

Bogy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,229 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 06:31 PM

"****" ??? Bogy, watch your lanquage! :D

I get passionate where my Cardinals are concerned. :D

#8 OFFLINE   Pantageas

Pantageas

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 07:16 PM

The way Bud and the boys regulate the EI package has been one of my pet peeves too for a long time. I'm a big fan of the Anaheim Angels (season tickets for 4 of the past 5 years). They are notorious for having the worst TV coverage of any team in MLB. This year they going to have a record 90 games televised. You fans of other teams take a second, do the math for a 162-game season, and realize how few games that really is. And that is an all-time high for them! There are times when Halo games aren't televised for two week spans in our area.

If MLB would let me see these games under their EI umbrella, I'd get it in a heartbeat. As it is, what's the point? The games I want to watch, they'd only black out anyway... :mad:

#9 OFFLINE   FTA Michael

FTA Michael

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,474 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 10:34 PM

No offense to anyone who happens to be a fan of the Royals.

Nah, I know that if I called the Cards "s-bags", you'd take it well. :sure:

Why don't you just "move" somewhere to somewhere in north-central Missouri? You won't be able to pick up the St. Louis locals spot beam, but I think that Columbia, for example, is in the Cardinals market on Fox Midwest.
Yes, FTABlog is active again. Why do you ask?

#10 OFFLINE   CivilizedAnarchy

CivilizedAnarchy

AllStar

• Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 10:39 PM

If you "live" in The Quad Cities (Davenport Moline DMA)
we will have Cards games in our local package with E*
The Local WB affiliate out of Burlington, IA carries their games.
Nice.
One Downside, requires Superdish.

Lata, C.J.

#11 OFFLINE   Bogy

Bogy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,229 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 11:05 PM

If I was going to move anywhere to get Card's games, it would be back to St. Louis. My dream at one point was to retire and live in downtown St. Louis, within walking distance of Bush Stadium and the Edwards Dome and get season tickets to the Rams and Cards. Who knows, if I end up with at least two of three children living in St. Louis like I suspect I will, I may still do it. I just miss my free season pass to the Cards. :(

#12 OFFLINE   BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,009 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 01:08 PM

The way Bud and the boys regulate the EI package has been one of my pet peeves too for a long time. I'm a big fan of the Anaheim Angels (season tickets for 4 of the past 5 years). They are notorious for having the worst TV coverage of any team in MLB. This year they going to have a record 90 games televised. You fans of other teams take a second, do the math for a 162-game season, and realize how few games that really is. And that is an all-time high for them! There are times when Halo games aren't televised for two week spans in our area.

If MLB would let me see these games under their EI umbrella, I'd get it in a heartbeat. As it is, what's the point? The games I want to watch, they'd only black out anyway... :mad:

Nah, the Expos have you beat. They don't even HAVE a TV contract. The only games that you can see are the visiting team's TV network.

Although listening to the games over the radio in French might be a "tres difficile" as well....
"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." Henry David Thoreau Walden (1854)

:ramblinon

XBox 360 Gamertag::grin:
Posted Image

#13 OFFLINE   Pete K.

Pete K.

Icon

• Registered
  • 776 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 01:23 PM

Bogy.."Bush Stadium"? Dang, have they renamed it for GW?
BTW, when do the Cards vacate Busch?

#14 OFFLINE   Bogy

Bogy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,229 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 06:26 PM

Bogy.."Bush Stadium"? Dang, have they renamed it for GW?
BTW, when do the Cards vacate Busch?

Misspelled it. :D
Although the vacating of Busch is in the works. :(

#15 OFFLINE   cumberlandredskin

cumberlandredskin

AllStar

• Registered
  • 92 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 08:46 AM

Misspelled it. :D
Although the vacating of Busch is in the works. :(

Any word on MLBEI being offered by DISH

#16 OFFLINE   TonyM

TonyM

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 09:52 AM

Nah, the Expos have you beat. They don't even HAVE a TV contract. The only games that you can see are the visiting team's TV network.

Although listening to the games over the radio in French might be a "tres difficile" as well....

The Expos do have a TV contract......not much of one...RDS is carrying 20 games this year

Heck, if the Twins & Victory don't get their act together (they aren't on any of the big systems..Charter, TW, Concast, Dish, Direct, Mediacom), the only games people in MN can see are the Friday night games that are OTA..thats only 25 or so games.

#17 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 11:25 PM

Aren't the Anaheim Angels on Fox Sports West? Aren't alot of there other games also televised on KCAL 9 in the Southland? 90 games seems to be about right if they are carried on Fox Sports West. Most teams are covered by there local RSN about 75-90 games a season. Unless they aren't on a RSN then one is screwed

#18 OFFLINE   bills976

bills976

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 506 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 11:34 PM

If you're an Angels fan (or any other AL fan), best thing to do is move to a WHITE AREA in NM or AZ. You'll get your LA locals as well as the NY distants, and have the Angels on EI (you'll lose out on the Dbacks, but you'll get Fox Sports Arizona to watch them on blackout free). For NL fans, Maine has tons of white areas in the back woods, you just won't get the Red Sox on EI.

#19 OFFLINE   zman977

zman977

Godfather

• Registered
  • 312 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 10:29 AM

With the Cubs, almost all the games are televised. The problem is Dish subs don't get the games that are shown on WCIU channel 26 because dish won't carry it in the local channel package. We live too far from the City to pick up the station OTA. I live in La Salle county witch is at the western edge of the Chicago DMA. But we do get most of the games so I guess I can't complain too much.
Speaking of the Cubs, any word yet on if the Dish is going to add Comcast sports Chicago, or what ever it is called? If I remember correctly, don't the Cubs move to that channel this spring along with the White Sox or is that next spring?

#20 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 03:13 PM

It is my understanding that Fox Sports Net Chicago is going to change over in October 2004 to Comcast Sports Net Chicago. Which means 1 more season (this coming up season) for Cubs and White Sox games to be broadcasted on Fox Sports Net Chicago. I do not know if The Fox Sports Network is going to remain as a channel or just disband all together and go Comcast. I am thinking It's just going to change over to Comcast. I have noticed in other markets for instance in the D.C. Area some Fox Sports Net Shows Like 54321, and you gotta see this, are carried on Comcast Sports Net D.C./Baltimore Area.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...