Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

I'm confused as to why Dish called me and offered me $60 free credit($10 x 6 months) for lost of a couple of local channels

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tenwinecans

tenwinecans

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:12 PM

A month ago when the block of these two local channels started, I called Dish and they sent me a free OTA adapter for my Hopper so I could continue to watch these channels.

Out of the blue this morning, I got a call from someone claiming to be from Dish lawyer department? His English wasn't great... could have said layover department?  Or was it royal dept?  Not sure.

Anyway, he "thanked" me for being a Dish customer, blah, blah, blah.   He informed me that the local channels that I lost have started to come back on a "state-by-state basis"(which sounded very suspicious to me, but whatever...)    He asked me to be patient.  In all honesty, I have forgotten that ABC and CW even existed after a month without them. :)     He then said "since we're asking for your patience, we would like to offer you 60 dallas(think he meant Dollars) while you wait...."

I couldn't think of any reply other than "sure?"  He thank me once again and hung up.   What made me suspicious was that he asked me for my account password.  I gave him the wrong one and he didn't seem to care. (FYI, I said "mississippi")   

However, I just called Dish's regular customer service number a few minutes ago and the rep confirmed the $10 credit for the next 6 months!   While it's not cash, it's as good as money, no?  

Now I'm just confused as to why Dish is calling customers "forcing" them to accept money.   I guess I could have turned down the $60, but I"m not a Republican. :D

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,509 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:51 PM

Probably "loyalty" department ... and I'm glad you actually got the credit. Especially after giving the password.

It could have been a phish scheme. (I'm glad the fake password was given.)
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,512 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:54 PM

I'm confused as to how it got confirmed to receive that credit with a fake account password, unless they just decided to give you the credit;)

Edited by acostapimps, 04 November 2013 - 06:55 PM.

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 
Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#4 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 298 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:24 AM

tenwinecans,

I am glad to hear you took advantage of the $10 off for 6 months offer! If you have any further DISH questions please PM me with the phone number on the account to better help you!

Thanks

#5 OFFLINE   david_jr

david_jr

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:31 AM

I have had to give my PIN password a few times dealing with DISH, but never when they called me.  I would have been reluctant to give a PIN on a cold call and would have asked for an email or a number to call back but I believe you did the right thing.  Glad you're getting your money in spite of that.

#6 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:30 AM

Ahh, you're not a Republican, that explains why you didn't get it was the loyalty department, or the offer is damage control for loss of channels.

spam firewall