Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Building new...best way to cable this?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jckelsey

jckelsey

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:04 PM

Building a new house and its time to start running cables.  Going to have a total of 7 TV locations.  4 bedrooms, 1 office, 1 living room, 1 in the basement.  All of the docs I've seen all seem to say the maximum on a 2 hopper configuration is 6 tvs.  I don't want to have to have 2 dishes mounted outside if I can avoid it.  Is there a way to make this work with a single satellite dish?  I was planning to have each location run RG6 back to a central point in the basement.  I was thinking put both hoppers down there, run HDMI's up to the living room and office, joey's take care of the 4 bedrooms.  1 short though :(  Is there a better way to skin this cat?

Thanks all!

-J

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:56 PM

Best operation for Hopper is Hopper + 2 Joeys, so you need at least 2 Hoppers and 5 Joeys, depending on how many viewers you have in the house, you may want to go 3 Hoppers.

2 Hoppers is easily done with one D1000.2 and I believe 3 Hoppers can run off one Dish.

The problem with more than 2 Joeys per Hopper is that you run out of tuners for that 3rd Joey if the other 3 are busy either recording or viewing.

If you only have 4 or 5 concurrent viewers in the house, you can get by with 2 Hopper s+ 5 Joeys.

Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#3 OFFLINE   foghorn2

foghorn2

AllStar

• Registered
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:59 PM

If I had the chance to re run cables again, I would run all you can afford, including HDMI from main rooms to smaller rooms- futureproof your home!!

"I will save you everyone. and then you can pay me when I'm done" -Stuart Adamson

#4 OFFLINE   Ray_Schwarz

Ray_Schwarz

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:34 PM

Three Hoppers will run off one dish (1K2).

Protected By... spam firewall...And...