Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Left Directv New house new problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   doo4usc

doo4usc

Legend

• Registered
  • 159 posts
  • LocationTemecula

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:09 PM

I left Directv in Apr, bought newer larger home, wired for Fios. We have 5 bedrooms and a family room. My Fios for Internet is awful, I have the bundle. I want to separate my internet and tv..Telephone doesn't matter. In my smaller home, I had Cox internet and Directv, everything was wonderful...Not so any longer. My question, can I connect my 6 rooms( would like 7) to D*? Verizon wouldn't drill holes for unwired rooms, will D*? Thanks for any help or info

AVR-2000
RDR-GX330
Hr44-500

R22-200

2x R22-100
4x H25-100
Since 1996

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,132 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:16 PM

I left Directv in Apr, bought newer larger home, wired for Fios. We have 5 bedrooms and a family room. My Fios for Internet is awful, I have the bundle. I want to separate my internet and tv..Telephone doesn't matter. In my smaller home, I had Cox internet and Directv, everything was wonderful...Not so any longer. My question, can I connect my 6 rooms( would like 7) to D*? Verizon wouldn't drill holes for unwired rooms, will D*? Thanks for any help or info

DIRECTV has already started installing wireless clients in some markets so it wouldn't matter if some of the rooms are wired or not.  I don't think drilling walls to install wire would be in the "free" installation but I think you could either pay the installer or pay an electrician to do it for you.

The C41W first look/discussion: http://www.dbstalk.c...s-video-bridge/

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#3 OFFLINE   west99999

west99999

Icon

• Registered
  • 917 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:00 PM

Of course drilling walls would be included in the free install, how else would the cables get into the rooms? The only thing that may require payment would be wall fishing those walls to run the cable.  

#4 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,403 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:00 PM

Yup, a "house wrap" drilling from the outside to where the TV is, is included in the standard professional installation 

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#5 OFFLINE   kaminar

kaminar

Mentor

• Registered
  • 202 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:29 AM

Just noticed there may be some slight confusion above..

Wireless clients:
Wireless clients are in some markets. Keep in mind there are additional equipment costs (ie: media bridge), as well as mixed reviews, so it's a good idea to search the forum for comments. Typically, most recommend a wired solution vs. wireless--even if wireless works well. The choice is yours.

Impressive first look of C41W--worth a watch.

Drilling walls:
If receiver is being installed in that room: free (aka included in standard professional installation)
If running lines only (not installing receiver): $49/room (some request this for future use--the choice is yours)

Wall Fish:
Typically $49/room

Hope this helps!

-=K=-

Protected By... spam firewall...And...