Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dbstalk now avaible in stock tapatalk app?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dorfd1

dorfd1

Icon

• Registered
  • 969 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:12 PM

Just searched for dbstalk in the tapatalk app and it showed up. I thought you had it removed from the tapatalk app.

Sent from my YP-G1 using Tapatalk

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,484 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:57 PM

David Bott was considering using the free Tapatalk as they were looking at an ad revenue sharing model. I'll take a look, the dedicated app has been giving me network error fits.

#3 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,484 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:32 PM

Works fine, I'm assuming I should not be seeing ads. Odd to have directv at the very bottom like the branded app, but easy access :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#4 OFFLINE   dorfd1

dorfd1

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 969 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:59 AM

In the paid tapatalk pro app this forum will show up because it is associated with my tapatalk id. I think the paid version is ad free and I have not seen ads yet in the free version.

#5 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,163 posts
  • LocationTraveling the USA

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:00 PM

Dang...We should show up in the FREE version of Tapatalk but not the paid version.

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Founder - AVSForum.comTiVoCommunity.com, Home Theater Cruise, LLC, DBNet Consulting, LLC, 

Board of Advisers - Prelaunch.com

Connecting to Over 5 Million Unique Enthusiasts a Month

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged.

#6 OFFLINE   dorfd1

dorfd1

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 969 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:57 PM

Dang...We should show up in the FREE version of Tapatalk but not the paid version.

Can tapatalk setup the forum so it only shows up in the free version even if the forum is associated with your tapatalk id?

#7 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:06 PM

They were suppose to.  That is because of the ad system.  The FREE version has ads that they will then share the revenue with the forum owners.  The paid one has no ads, thus no income for the forum owners.  

Seeing that more or more people are using mobile devices for community access, owners will see a decrease in income and thus will be forced to make a choice.  This is one reason I suggested the new model to Tapatalk of the FREE version with ads.   Before the benefit to forum owners was they could offer a members an app for access...but it was never envisioned that mobile would become such a large use.  More powerful phones and tablets led to that.  So here we are, trying to figure out how to support the future at the same time help the members take part in the community.

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Founder - AVSForum.comTiVoCommunity.com, Home Theater Cruise, LLC, DBNet Consulting, LLC, 

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged.

#8 OFFLINE   dorfd1

dorfd1

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 969 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:35 AM

They were suppose to. That is because of the ad system. The FREE version has ads that they will then share the revenue with the forum owners. The paid one has no ads, thus no income for the forum owners.

Seeing that more or more people are using mobile devices for community access, owners will see a decrease in income and thus will be forced to make a choice. This is one reason I suggested the new model to Tapatalk of the FREE version with ads. Before the benefit to forum owners was they could offer a members an app for access...but it was never envisioned that mobile would become such a large use. More powerful phones and tablets led to that. So here we are, trying to figure out how to support the future at the same time help the members take part in the community.

Once this issue is fixed, will the forum not show up in the paid app even if it is associated with your tapatalk id?

#9 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:56 AM

Not sure.  It is not suppose to like I said as it then gets around the helpful income for the site.

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Protected By... spam firewall...And...