Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Internet Explorer 11

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,896 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:34 AM

My PC was upgraded over night to Internet Explorer 11. I'm running Windows 7 Professional and have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player (11.9.900.152). Since getting the IE 11 update I'm having problems when trying to view videos on Yahoo (getting message that I need to install Adobe Flash player) and the Quote feature no longer works on DBSTalk when I try using it. Anyone else experiencing these issues with IE 11?

DirecTV customer since 1995.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   twiseguy

twiseguy

Legend

• Registered
  • 168 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:58 AM

I had issues with IE11 also. Had the same issue with Flash Player and my MSN portfolio manager quit working, kept telling me I needed to upgrade MS Silverlight. But I have the latest version. I uninstalled IE11 wich put me back on IE10, and everything is back to normal.(So far)

#3 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:29 PM

MysteryMan - I don't know if it is the same for Internet Explorer, but on my Firefox, there is a little icon/picture of a camera right up top on the address bar (on the left for me).  I have to click on it when I am trying to view Flash.  VOS had to tell me about it.  I had no idea!! 

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#4 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,188 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:52 PM

My PC was upgraded over night to Internet Explorer 11. I'm running Windows 7 Professional and have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player (11.9.900.152). Since getting the IE 11 update I'm having problems when trying to view videos on Yahoo (getting message that I need to install Adobe Flash player) and the Quote feature no longer works on DBSTalk when I try using it. Anyone else experiencing these issues with IE 11?

Did you check out DBStalk Chat? Every time my browser update, I check chat to see if that still works.

DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR24-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#5 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,897 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:18 PM

I should have known better!  I installed it a couple of hours ago and had the quote problem here and a CPU/Memory 'Gadget' went to text boxes.

Un-installed - which only disables 11.  Reboot.

No IE icons, no browser.

Use Firefox to download 10 again.  Says it's already installed.

So I enable 11 and reboot.

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#6 OFFLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,242 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:34 PM

Wish I had run across this thread a few hours earlier.

I too let IE11 update go through.

Chat works, quotes in the threads do not.

May be going back to IE10 soon.

#7 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,188 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:50 PM

Wish I had run across this thread a few hours earlier.

I too let IE11 update go through.

Chat works, quotes in the threads do not.

May be going back to IE10 soon.

Someone reported that a couple of weeks ago. Have forgotten what they installed. But was reported that something about this forum need an upgrade for the quote bug to get fix.

I believe the reply came from Doug Brott that I'm unable to find.

DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR24-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#8 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 6,896 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:30 AM

Until the issues are addressed I strongly recommend not downloading IE 11. It's Microsoft's greatest brain fart since Windows Millennium. Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "newer isn't always better". 

DirecTV customer since 1995.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...