Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NESNHD Pixelation, HR22-100

Pixelation NESNHD HR22

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ColdCase

ColdCase

AllStar

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:48 PM

I’ve lurked here for years but haven’t been following the forum much recently. Perhaps one of you ran across our issue and have a quick answer, otherwise I’ll need to spend more time troubleshooting. 

My daughter has been complaining about on and off NESN-HD pixilation on our HR22-100 since we had a power outage about three weeks ago. At that time I had to reset both our receivers to recover.  Maybe a coincidence, dunno. In general we see signal levels here in Southern NH in the 90s for 101, 110, 119, and 103(ca); in the 80s for 99(s) except 0 where the spot beams miss us; and 70s for 99© and 103(cb). 103(s) is all over the place from 0-27-97. 

I looked at the channel references in the FAQ section and found that NESNHD should be on the 103(ca) and transponder 15, I think. I noticed that HR22 tuner one is showing a 4-8 point dip in signal level on T15 compared to the other transponders on 103(ac) but tuner 2 shows a 8-15 point dip, one time dropping down by 20 points to 61. The HR21-100 in another room is showing perhaps a 2-3 point dip and both of its tuners are consistent +/-1. HR22 tuner two transponder 17 signal seems to be low too, in fact they all seem to be lower on tuner two by 2-4 points. Signal levels for other satellites seem to be consistent between tuner one and two.

I wouldn’t think antenna pointing or bad cable would just effect one transponder, or could it?  I dunno. I would blame the tuner but I swapped cable and BBC connections and have some inconsistencies that confuse me and I need to do more home work. Perhaps someone here can save me some time and point me in the right direction. If its a classic HR22 tuner problem, no use chasing ghosts.

I had the antenna system installed in late 2006 using:

High Quality RG6Q Digicon Connector Quad Shield Coax Cable

Zinwell WB68 6x8 Multiswitch

AU9 Slimline dish with a sturdy roof mount.

DirecTV Triple LNB I think (three horns)

The antenna was originally aligned with the help of an Acutrac 22 Pro signal meter but has been a couple years since it was checked (it did not require adjustment then). 

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pixelation, NESNHD, HR22

spam firewall