Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

A new slowness in DVR response?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Mike Greer

Mike Greer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,612 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, Utah

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:52 PM

I haven't been around for a while....  The HR44 pretty much shut me up.  The sad thing is that I think even the C31 clients I have are faster than my HR24-500s now.  I rarely touch anything than the HR44 which (fingers crossed) continues to speed through anything and everything.  I've checked the C31s and HR24s off and on and either I've been spoiled by the HR44 or the HR24s are slower than used to be.  I can't even imagine having to use the HR22s I used to have.

If you're in the need for speed - go with the HR44.  If/when they allow me to get another I'll replace 1 or 2 HR24s with 2nd HR44.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,692 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:00 PM

If you're in the need for speed - go with the HR44.  If/when they allow me to get another I'll replace 1 or 2 HR24s with 2nd HR44.

On this topic in particular...I'd certainly respect your views.  :listening

DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#43 OFFLINE   Mike Greer

Mike Greer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,612 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, Utah

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:03 PM

On this topic in particular...I'd certainly respect your views.  :listening

Well of course you do!

#44 OFFLINE   mrdobolina

mrdobolina

AllStar

• Registered
  • 308 posts
  • LocationA Mile High

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:53 PM

I haven't been around for a while....  The HR44 pretty much shut me up.  The sad thing is that I think even the C31 clients I have are faster than my HR24-500s now.  I rarely touch anything than the HR44 which (fingers crossed) continues to speed through anything and everything.  I've checked the C31s and HR24s off and on and either I've been spoiled by the HR44 or the HR24s are slower than used to be.  I can't even imagine having to use the HR22s I used to have.

I'm with Mr. Greer - I am either spoiled by my HR44, or my HR24 is slower lately.  I think it is the latter, because when I watched on the HR24 the other night, things seemed to really lag, to the point that I did a menu reboot. 

I have also been trying to troubleshoot why my HR22's playlist has not been showing up on my GenieGo, and I went to check all of it's settings.  Again, I could be spoiled by the HR44, but the  22 seems even slower than it was before, and I actually thought its speed wasn't that bad before.  Again, I did a reboot just last night.   

DirecTV Customer Since 1997

#45 OFFLINE   JeffBowser

JeffBowser

blah blah blah

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:33 PM

Well, thanks for the insight guys. I didn't mean to start a firestorm, but I now feel up to speed on the subject again. As I am not willing to sign a 2 yr commitment, do not have inside tips on how to score a replacement HR24, and have no interest in Genie, looks like I'll need to deal with slow DVRs by choice.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
A fool finds no pleasure in understanding but delights in airing his own opinions.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...