Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Pair to a mobile device?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

Legend

• Registered
  • 314 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:03 PM

On most smart TVs you can pair the YouTube app to your mobile devices. That allows you to find a video on your phone and set the TV as the the output. So you're not fumbling around trying to search with the TV remote. You can also add a video to your playlist on your phone so you have it saved, then watch it later and set the TV as the output. Is there any way to pair a mobile device to the YouTube app in Directv's HD DVR receivers?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,915 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:31 PM

No.

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#3 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt...&a

• Registered
  • 5,259 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:48 PM

I know it isn't what you specifically want but if you get a Chromecast ($35.00) then you can find a YouTube video on your phone using the YouTube app, then "cast it" to your tv. That's what I do.

Edited by BubblePuppy, 15 November 2013 - 02:08 PM.

Thanks to Google search, people can appear to be smarter than they really are.

#4 OFFLINE   BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 314 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:30 PM

I know it isn't what you specifically want but if you get a Chromecast ($35.00) then you can find a YouTube video on your phone using the YouTube app, then "cast it" to your tv. That's what I do.

Yeah that is a great idea. Thanks!

#5 OFFLINE   samrs

samrs

MANC

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationFlat Branch, NC

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:48 PM

Chromecast is pretty cool. My son has one and we watched a Netflix last Sunday in HD, sweet.
HR20-100, HR20-700, HR24-100, HR34-700/AM21

spam firewall