Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Timer problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   wheelchairman36

wheelchairman36

• Registered
  • 2 posts
  • LocationPA39

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:17 PM

I have a 722k receiver and have problems with the timers that I setup. Every night I have to go through the guide to make sure my shows are recording and always coming across a few that are set to record but when I look at the timer I previously setup it will be blank and after setting a new timer for that show it may work for a week and do the same thing. This happens with several timers. I currently had about 68 timers and at-least 14 are blank even though there are new shows coming on but doesn't even show the ones that are repeats they are completely blank. I have only had Dish for about 3 months and after being on my third dvr I got them to send tech support to my house and they spent over an hr here and couldn't really just changed things and said try that and didn't work because tech just left again and this time replaced the dvr so now my 4th dvr in 3 months and they still have to as to why. Doesn't matter if set to record in SD or HD.

Does anyone else have this issue?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Jamus

Jamus

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:23 PM

I have had problems similar to that where many of the networks now run their shows over a minute or two.  This then kills off the next upcoming timer on that tuner.  I don't know if they are trying to intentionally screw over DVR users or what, but it essentially means that I end up missing at least one of my programed shows since I can only record 2 things at once.

#3 OFFLINE   Grandude

Grandude

RichardParker II

• Registered
  • 857 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:42 AM

I have had problems similar to that where many of the networks now run their shows over a minute or two.  This then kills off the next upcoming timer on that tuner.  I don't know if they are trying to intentionally screw over DVR users or what, but it essentially means that I end up missing at least one of my programed shows since I can only record 2 things at once.

You need to upgrade to a Hopper system which has more tuners which helps resolve this type of problem or add another 622/722 to your setup. 

One thing I do is set the record start time to 0 seconds early.  This sometimes helps.

Brian...reporting from the left coast
 2 Hoppers,1 Joey, 1 VIP211K active receivers
 I still believe in magic
!

#4 OFFLINE   wheelchairman36

wheelchairman36

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts
  • LocationPA39

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:13 PM

I have all my timers set to not start early or end late meaning I miss the very end of most programs. It is like the timers don't see alot of the programs and the only answer dish has is hard drive failure which is BS. On my 5th reciever in 2 1/2 months isn't good and even when tech comes to the house and see's the problem they still have no idea.

Last I called they said they would send it on to the software guys and I said I would give them until Monday which is tomorrow and if nothing resolved they owe me either a discount or can refund me enough to go to direct tv....

Protected By... spam firewall...And...