Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Question about owned HR20-700 receiver.....

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mark L

Mark L

Godfather

• Registered
  • 281 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:28 PM

Hey everyone,

I just had a quick question about an owned HR20-700 receiver I have.

I was watching TV while working out last week and noticed the picture started to hiccup some, at first I thought it could be my Panasonic plasma, but after swapping boxes, I realized it was the HR20. Upon swapping it back, it did not display any picture via HDMI, so I tried the component output and got a picture, but it was all messed up (the colors were all scrambled).

So my question is, should I just scrap this HR20 via an E-recycling center or is there some way to fix this problem? 

I was able to have it replaced via the Protection Plan, but DirecTV said they didn't want the defective box back. I'd hate to just throw this away, if it can be fixed. Does anyone know if there's a way to fix this issue? Would I be best off selling it on eBay as a non-working HR20 or just scrapping it?

Just trying to decided what to do and thought I'd ask some of you more experienced DBS Talkers  :righton:

Thanks

Edited by Mark L, 15 November 2013 - 05:29 PM.

DirecTV customer since October 2002, 5 LNB Slimline Dish, SWiM 16, Premiere package, HD package

9 receivers: (3) HR20-700s *2 Owned, (1) HR21-700, (1) HR22-100, (1) HR23-700, (1) HR24-200, (1) H21-700, (1) H24-100

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,963 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:21 PM

First and for most, the fact that DirecTV EOL'ed it means that it can only be activated by you and no one else.

Since you have a replacement on the way, I would recycle it responsibly.  Don't think is worth the trouble to try to fix it and eBay will only get a couple of $$$

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#3 OFFLINE   Mark L

Mark L

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 281 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:44 PM

Thanks, that's the answer I was looking for

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DBSTalk mobile app

DirecTV customer since October 2002, 5 LNB Slimline Dish, SWiM 16, Premiere package, HD package

9 receivers: (3) HR20-700s *2 Owned, (1) HR21-700, (1) HR22-100, (1) HR23-700, (1) HR24-200, (1) H21-700, (1) H24-100

#4 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,963 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:46 PM

You are welcome

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#5 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,688 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:10 PM

Thanks, that's the answer I was looking for

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DBSTalk mobile app

You could also put an external drive on it if you really want to keep it.  If it's a 20-700, you will see a real difference with a large external.  

Rich

Protected By... spam firewall...And...