Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

new direct customer

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ddgwood

ddgwood

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:04 PM

Hi all. got direct a week ago a wanted to post my thoughts on being a previous dish customer.there is good and bad.people have have said that the picture quality is better and i thought how could that be but even my wife noticed that it is, however the standard def channels seem to be worse.

the remote has a lot more features but is taking some time to get the feel for,(hr44 genie)

its great to record 5 channels if needed,we only had 2 before and were missing stuff we wanted to see, and we were able to catch them on demand so thats good.

but i would say so far so good 

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,352 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:38 PM

That is something I've always heard, SD is worse on DirecTV. Fortunately we've got more HD than SD only, and we have another satellite launch in a few months, might get more HD.

#3 OFFLINE   kaminar

kaminar

Mentor

• Registered
  • 181 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:00 AM

HD channels over 195 now..if that makes a difference. With the Genie, you can now do more streaming than ever before. 10,000 additional shows (supposedly beyond the original 10k movies and shows, a la partnership with Hulu--surprisingly quiet on the D* side).

Here is a link with many "new" networks (perhaps some experts can tell if there have been some changes recently..I checked for the first time in a LONG time the other day)

http://www.directv.com/networks

Have fun :D

-=K=-

#4 OFFLINE   ddgwood

ddgwood

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:46 AM

yes there seems to be more hd chanels i watch now.

another issue i had before signing up was all the unresponsive and slow receivers but not mine,it has been perfect and the remote range and responsiveness is great 

#5 OFFLINE   PK6301

PK6301

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 315 posts
  • LocationErie, PA

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:53 AM

Welcome to the Directv side of the house. I have had service for over 1 1/2 years and I am still finding things that I did not know about. I upgraded to the HR44 Genie a month ago and that is still a learning curve for me.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

#6 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,331 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:14 PM

HD channels over 195 now..if that makes a difference. With the Genie, you can now do more streaming than ever before. 10,000 additional shows (supposedly beyond the original 10k movies and shows, a la partnership with Hulu--surprisingly quiet on the D* side).

But what is this good for with is still SD....

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#7 OFFLINE   west99999

west99999

Icon

• Registered
  • 876 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:17 PM

And the HULU channels or only available online not ON Demand.

#8 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,331 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:38 PM

And the HULU channels or only available online not ON Demand.

Correct!

At least for now, maybe they will get integrated to the VOD library....one can only hope.

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

spam firewall