Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Single Hopper (no Joeys) AT120+Willow Cricket HD Installation questions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BigDipperUS

BigDipperUS

• Registered
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSnoqualmie, WA

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:16 PM

Hi all. I already asked this question in the "Programming and Reception" forum but it seems like I may be able to get betters answers here :)

I just signed up for Dish (America's Top 120) and was able to add Willow Cricket HD directly on the sign-up page (I believe it will be channel 9997 on the 118 satellite). My questions are:

- Will Dish have to install two dishes on my roof so that I can get the regular service + Willow Cricket HD?

- How many coax cables will have to go from outside my house to my Hopper? I only plan on having the single Hopper in my house for a single TV (no additional Hoppers or Joeys).

The reason I asked the second question is that I would prefer Dish did not drill holes through the walls in my house if they can avoid it. There is already a Comcast box on the outside of my house where Comcast's line comes in and all the various coax outlets inside my house connect. I would love for Dish to just go from the satellite dish down into the Comcast box and then link up with the existing coaxial cable that goes to my living room.

My house was only built last year (2012) so I assume the coax that was installed should be good enough. I think it's RG6 and I have 105mbit Comcast internet travelling over the coax to a different room in my house and that is working fine.

I appreciate any help / suggestions!

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   3HaloODST

3HaloODST

Godfather

• Registered
  • 472 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:58 PM

You will get a 1000+ dish (pulls in 110/118.7/119/129.) Two cables are required from the dish to the node. From there there is only one cable from the node to the Hopper. They can put a Solo Node at the dish, two feeds to the node from the dish, they should put a 75-ohm terminator on the CLIENT port of the node, then run a cable from the HOST port to the Hopper. The feed between the node and the Hopper requires 3GHz of bandwidth. Since you said it is a new house chances are they can use the existing RG6 (ONLY RG6) with the exception that they may need to replace the connectors and remove any cable equipment (splitters etc. .)

Hopper doesn't show the 9xxx duplicates, so you should be looking for channel 712 to find Willow Cricket HD.

2 Hoppers w/Sling / 2 Hopper 2000s / 1 Joey

1 ViP722k (separate account)

#3 OFFLINE   BigDipperUS

BigDipperUS

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSnoqualmie, WA

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:07 PM

Excellent. Thanks for the help!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...