Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

How do I convince DirecTV that SWM wiring is in place

customer service genie swm wiring

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,316 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:05 AM

Naturally DirecTV had nothing to do with that so I didn't expect it to show up in their records. Over the years since DirecTV has been to the house to deliver new receivers, install MRV, aim the dish, etc. 

Well Genie arrives at my house today between 12 and 4 PM so I'll know in a couple of hours if I got my self-installed SWM16 to make to the records or not. 

Well if DirecTV installed MRV, that would certainly have updated their "records" to show a SWM "true" account.

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   JosephB

JosephB

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,109 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, AL

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:32 AM

Well Genie arrives at my house today between 12 and 4 PM so I'll know in a couple of hours if I got my self-installed SWM16 to make to the records or not. There was no mention or discussion about SWM requirements with the CSR or the verifier yesterday so I figure we'll cross that bridge today. I've isolated the run to where the Genie will be installed so it's the only receiver on SWM1 and I'm going to keep the HR21 and HR23 and no clients so hopefully it'll be a pretty quick plug and play install. About the only other change would be to pull the PI input off the shared SWM1 and use an available unused run. I haven't done it myself because it's been working and I haven't read where it's necessarily better one way or the other. Kind of my basic "if it ain't broke don't fix it".

If an installer is bringing it, it doesn't matter what DirecTV thinks you have. It's not like he's going to insist on ripping out your SWM 16 and putting in another...SWM 16. As long as everything is working, he'll just leave it alone. The plus side is, once he closes out the work order THEN it will be on DirecTV's records you have SWM, so at that point you can have them ship you SWM equipment without an installer needed.

#23 OFFLINE   randyk47

randyk47

Icon

• Registered
  • 814 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TX

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:45 PM

OK.  HR44 all installed and up and running without any issues.  As for the SWM16 all he did was check it out to make sure it was connected properly.....it's in a walk-out attic over my garage so easy to get to.....and this time he entered the serial number of the unit in DirecTV's database.  First time any of the techs have done that so supposedly that'll make it part of the system and they'll know its there for any future visit.  He was prepared to install a SWM16 if I didn't have one.  I'm still going through the steps to get it the way I want and just finished adding the OTA channels through the connected AM21.  I was surprised they were working on Sunday and he told me this is was the first Sunday he'd worked as they just started that service locally last Sunday. 

Elite 70" HD LED/HR44/AM21/Yamaha HTR/Harmony 900
Samsung 52" HD LCD/HR21/Yamaha HTR/Harmony One
Samsung 40" HD LED/HR23/AM21/Pioneer HTR/Harmony 900
Samsung 32" HD LCD/OTA
Slimline Dish
SWM16
MRV
Attic Mounted HD OTA
U-verse Internet/Phone

#24 OFFLINE   randyk47

randyk47

Icon

• Registered
  • 814 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TX

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:06 PM

Well if DirecTV installed MRV, that would certainly have updated their "records" to show a SWM "true" account.

DirecTV did install the MRV over a year ago and that, for whatever reason, didn't get the SWM recognized as installed.

Edited by randyk47, 24 November 2013 - 03:06 PM.

Elite 70" HD LED/HR44/AM21/Yamaha HTR/Harmony 900
Samsung 52" HD LCD/HR21/Yamaha HTR/Harmony One
Samsung 40" HD LED/HR23/AM21/Pioneer HTR/Harmony 900
Samsung 32" HD LCD/OTA
Slimline Dish
SWM16
MRV
Attic Mounted HD OTA
U-verse Internet/Phone

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: customer service, genie, swm wiring

spam firewall