Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

How to sync the Genie and a Mini

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:37 PM

SO I have my Genie in great room and mini in th adjoining sunroom.   For a football game or just day to day activitties I want the genie and the mini to be insynch so that as I move from one room to the other I dont notice the normal delay.    Is there any way to do this beyond figuring out how long to pause the genie???    To me seems like it be a nice feature to have the genie and mini genie sync up for these types of applications.    

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,084 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:48 PM

Yep, the only way to get things in sync, as you guessed, is to pause the Genie.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#3 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:47 PM

Doesnt this sound like a reasonable feature request?      One would think I am not only one who has this happen

#4 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,064 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:06 PM

You're not going to be able to get them in perfect sync.  There will always be a delay between the Genie and client just like there is a delay of ~7 seconds from live to your Genie.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#5 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,285 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:23 PM

If this is really important and in frequent use, it might be worth it to run and HDMI cable off a splitter to the other TV. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#6 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,271 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:53 PM

Doesnt this sound like a reasonable feature request?      One would think I am not only one who has this happen

even if they were both in sync, your TVs would throw the sync off.  as different processors have different results 

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#7 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,179 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:30 AM

The genie shows you an actual live feed of what it receives from the sats, just like a h25, but the mini is always palying out of a buffer on the hard drive of a genie...  And thats why its off.  No way to change that...  

#8 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,271 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:11 AM

The genie shows you an actual live feed of what it receives from the sats, just like a h25, but the mini is always palying out of a buffer on the hard drive of a genie... And thats why its off. No way to change that...

it would appear to me that a show would play "more live" on an HD receiver than on a DVR, since on a DVR, the show must pass through the HDD

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#9 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,285 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:47 AM

it would appear to me that a show would play "more live" on an HD receiver than on a DVR, since on a DVR, the show must pass through the HDD

I've wondered about that. Even though it's buffered/recorded, it could be passing the signal live, so to speak. Maybe I'll reactivate an H25 to test that.... 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#10 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,179 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:24 PM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Except dtv is the only one I have found that doesn't send everything through the hard drive if you are live. I've had a h25 and a DVR next to wash other and on live they where the same. Just another tiny nice feature of the DIRECTV DVRs It's why it can sometimes hesitate ever so slightly I believe when you back up into a buffer or pause it, because it's switching to the had fees instead I the live feed.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...